Sennheiser 558's and Dolby home theater v4
Feb 28, 2014 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

d4zz

New Head-Fier
Hi so I have Dolby Home Theater v4 that came with my motherboard and I can't find the right settings to be able to play Counter-Strike:GO. I have Sennheisers 558's that I just got and they just don't sound right, sound is a bit muffled and I can't hear footsteps too well. Does anyone have this software installed on their mobo? If I turn it off, it feels like the volume is very low. Are there any settings to fix?

Mar 1, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #2 of 4
  Hi so I have Dolby Home Theater v4 that came with my motherboard and I can't find the right settings to be able to play Counter-Strike:GO. I have Sennheisers 558's that I just got and they just don't sound right, sound is a bit muffled and I can't hear footsteps too well. Does anyone have this software installed on their mobo? If I turn it off, it feels like the volume is very low. Are there any settings to fix?

What is the make and model of the motherboard?
You can remove the black rubber tape from inside the cups of the HD558 to improve their sound.

Mar 1, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #3 of 4
If I were you I'd ditch the virtual surround sound software and just use the settings built into CS.  Obviously check the in game settings and your windows audio output volume settings if you haven't already.  Is it just CS that sounds quiet with out the software running?

Apr 5, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #4 of 4
i use 558s (foam modded) with cs:Go
i switch between hifi mode and or room2 in xonar (dolbysurround)
and in windows and ingame set to headphones

the ingame audio is different to previous cs versions tyhat used the miles sound system ( fantastic )
to a newer on that is more sonically accurate - but due to sound bleedoff failure the bass and other echo sounds really hurt the competitve nature of this cs title.
i wish the map makers had knowledge of how to use the nosound brush - which they could wrap the top of the maps - which would greatly reduce this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back