Sennheiser 280 pro :: impressions
Jul 15, 2002 at 10:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

badtz

100+ Head-Fier
After a week long of listening to the Senn 280 pro's, they still don't sound as "full" as I had hoped...........

should I go for a bit longer? They've only gotten about 5-10 usage..........

*this is for studio purposes*

My friend's Sony V600 sounded more "full" [not for studio purposes though], any suggestions why?

Should I opt for the V6/7506 instead?

Anyone with comparison between the two? are there different "batches" of senn 280 pro's out there? maybe i got an early revision?

thanks

Jul 15, 2002 at 12:10 PM Post #2 of 5
Those HD 280 Pros need at least 40 hours (preferably 100) hours of usage (break-in) in order for them to sound their best.

As for the Sony V600 sounding more "full", I don't find that true. Those V600's actually sound artificially echoey and honky (I heard echoing from those V600's that weren't even originally recorded on my jazz and classical CDs - and that's a severe coloration that may lead to listening fatigue). In other words, those V600's sound like they should cost far cheaper than they really do.

Jul 15, 2002 at 12:33 PM Post #3 of 5
What Eagle_Driver said.

For studio use I would imagine the clinical nature of the 280's would be extremely desirable.

Being not a studio inhabitant, I hate the sound.

Jul 15, 2002 at 4:43 PM Post #4 of 5
they are way way way way way more accurate then the v600, and a bit more accurate than the v6, and I have used both for monitoring, while I now use the 280. it needs lots of burn in. you could look at the beyer 250-80, if you find later on that the midbass is a little thin for you tastes, although it extends almost as deep as the 250.

Jul 15, 2002 at 7:58 PM Post #5 of 5
This is the second time you've started a thread where we've told you to burn them in. So, *BURN THEM IN*. Hook them up to a CD player, put in something bassy, put it on repeat and let them run for 40 hours. Come on man, you've got a good headphone if you'll just do what we tell you to do to get them working properly. If you've followed our advice and you still don't like them THEN you can complain. Take a look at Magicthyse old messages, he was raking them over the coals for the same reason you're experiencing. After burn in he had much better things to say about them. Everyone giving you this advice has been through the same thing. *BURN THEM IN*

(HBZ)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back