Sennheiser 228 vs Grado SR60i
Oct 11, 2009 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Snow_Fox

100+ Head-Fier
So.. would you say the Sennheiser 228 is about on part with the SR60?

I've seen the grado recieve near endless praise.. I've seen a few people say they prefer the senn's.

I want the grado's.. but, if they are gunna be that loud then its a deal breaker since my gf sits right next to me on the couch..I can get the senns for 67 right now.

I've mostly stuck with jvc gummies in the past.. so I would like to think the Senns would be a huge improvement.

Music is metal, disturbed, 3 days grace, wintersun, and rammstein things of that nature.. So will the senn prevent sound leakage and still provide the quality of grado?

Oct 12, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #2 of 5
Where are you getting the Senn 228's from at 67? USD?

BTW look for your dealer here: Sennheiser Non-authorized Retailers
just in case.

I've had the SR60is (although for only about 20ish days) and decided to switch them out for the HD 228s. I needed to use them in the library, and the Grado's are open, so they leak sound. How much sound it leaks, depends on how loud you're playing, but whoever is right beside you will be able to make out what you're listening to.

Granted, the Grados sound great. I should be getting my HD 228s this week or so, and I'll let you know how they compare right out of the box. For what you listen to, you might want to go with the Grados though. They will be GREAT, and I think you should hear them at least once, even if you wind up exchanging them later for the 228s.

But they might be so good you just decide to keep them =)

Oct 12, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #3 of 5
I recently got my first pair of grados (sr60i). They're fine on the walk and public places (thats my opinion), but I carry a pair of sennheiser cx300's for the quieter places. They leak sound more than my other headphones, but not as much as i thought. They are also great
biggrin.gif
, although the bass could be a bit stronger.

Nov 12, 2009 at 1:41 PM Post #4 of 5
Hey all -

New to the finer world of audio and headphones, but I am doing my research and due diligence. I have always used cheaper earbuds with my MP3 player, but recently stepped up with a set of Sennheiser CX300-IIs. Now I am looking at getting a set of larger headphones just to wear in my house listening to my mp3 players (I listen to a lot of musical styles and spend a LOT of time listening to podcasts).

Based on my research to date, for my budget as an into set of headphones, I also have my options narrowed down to the Grado SR60i and the Sennheiser HD228. No idea which ones to choose. I will be buying online, so trying so one and sending them back can get quite pricey.

Insight, help, suggestions GREATLY appreciated. Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back