Senn PX 200-II vs. Senn HD238
Jan 30, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #3 of 9
Hey, I can't provide any accurate impressions, I only heard the 238s at a bestbuy(though via my own source). It sounded pretty nice, big soundstage and comfortable. First thing I noticed was a nice, big soundstage. Bass seemed kind of bloated, but I can't be sure with the environment I was in. I only auditioned for a total of about 15 mins(which is actually pretty long given the place :p).

I love the PX200-II. They sound surprisingly open for a closed headphone. The soundstage quite a bit bigger than you might expect, it definitely was for me, and positioning is surprisingly good. Bass isn't the strongest, however it extends further than one might expect and actually do provide some impact depending on the track. Properly amped it seems to have quite nice bass, I am running mine unamped. Also these are more portable and imo more comfortable, but I can't be sure as I don't actually own the HD238.

What kind of music do you listen to?

Jan 30, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #6 of 9
ta
smily_headphones1.gif
no sign of them on the UK site though ? unless I'm looking in wrong place ?

http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/home_...-line_pxseries

Jan 31, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #8 of 9
From my short impressions, the HD238 has a slightly larger soundstage, which is kind of inherent of it's open-backed nature. I feel the PX200-II feels about as "open" just not quite as wide of a soundstage. Positioning seems better on the PX, bass was tighter if not as ample, and I heard more clarity(this last one is unfair to judge as the HD238s were auditioned in a quiet but still somewhat noise best buy). I would prefer the PX200-II from my short impressions. Their added portability, volume control, and seeming durability is another plus.

Again, take my impressions with a grain of salt, I only had 15-20 mins with the HD238 through my cellphone at a best buy store.

Feb 1, 2010 at 3:16 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Napilopez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From my short impressions, the HD238 has a slightly larger soundstage, which is kind of inherent of it's open-backed nature. I feel the PX200-II feels about as "open" just not quite as wide of a soundstage. Positioning seems better on the PX, bass was tighter if not as ample, and I heard more clarity(this last one is unfair to judge as the HD238s were auditioned in a quiet but still somewhat noise best buy). I would prefer the PX200-II from my short impressions. Their added portability, volume control, and seeming durability is another plus.

Again, take my impressions with a grain of salt, I only had 15-20 mins with the HD238 through my cellphone at a best buy store.

Cool, thanks. Any more impressions? Still trying to decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back