Senn Owners: How do you wear your 'phones?
Aug 7, 2001 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

briantf27

100+ Head-Fier
Sounds mildly silly to ask, but how do you Senn owners wear your phones? I ask because with the strap on top/middle of my head the cans are tilted somewhat which I assume is the correct orientation. But with the strap on top/back part of my head the cans are oriented nearly vertical.

I suppose the common sense answer is "try both and see which you like best, if you can hear a difference" but while I await the arrival of the last piece of my system (the amp), I just thought I'd see if anyone has actually found this to make an audible difference.

Brian.

Aug 7, 2001 at 4:09 PM Post #2 of 20
Interesting you should ask about that. First thing I noticed about mine was that they didn't feel as comfortable with the headband toward the top (back) of my head which also felt like the "normal" or "right" position with the earpieces vertical, but when I positioned the headband forward it's weight seemed to want to slide forward and drag the earpieces forward.

No difference that I've noticed in the sound, but I feel like they have to be comfortable too. Obviously the point on top of my head could be affecting things. Guess I've reached a compromise position now and it doesn't bother me as much. Never noticed the same phenomenon with my Grados. They feel like they're much lighter altho' I should look at the specs to see if they really are.

Aug 7, 2001 at 4:19 PM Post #3 of 20
It's just annoying what the strap on my HD600 does to my hair. My hair is usually gelled and combed forward, but while at work listening to my cans, I get a stripe across the middle of my head where the gel has dissappeared and my hair gets all fuzzy, oh well. I work in a company not unlike a Dilbert cartoon, there used to be 2 females in the entire company, but then the cute, young one went back to college, so there's no one to impress here anyway.

Aug 7, 2001 at 4:30 PM Post #5 of 20
Ahh, aren't summer internships fun? I have decided I'm not qualified to finish my final design project and I leave in a week anyway, so basically I just sit here and browse/post to head-fi and have lately been planning the parties for this upcoming semester, oh yeah, and listening to my HD600s, I love them, they were worth every cent. even if they do mess up my hair.

Aug 7, 2001 at 4:37 PM Post #6 of 20
People at MIT party?
eek.gif
Wow, I would have never guess.

I have the same problem. I am supposed to design this one clients website top to bottom in under a week on top of all my other projects so I can see this becoming interesting. Something is going to have to give. I know a couple of things that won't, my browsing through head-fi and listening to my newly aquired HD 6--'s.

Aug 7, 2001 at 4:52 PM Post #7 of 20
YES, people at MIT party. We live under the slogan "Work Hard, Play Hard." So far, I have only Played hard. Things were forced to calm down a bit after a kid died a few years ago, people make such a big deal out of everything that happens at our school, like we're held to some higher standard or something, I don't get it.

Anyway, check out this list:
Ahh, the good old days of no rules

(we're #25, bet you never expected that did you)

Aug 7, 2001 at 4:54 PM Post #8 of 20
You're gonna have to stop posting and getting to work on some web coding then, Sackley!!!
wink.gif

Anyhow, yeah, I have the gel/strap problem too, but who am I trying to impress here at work? Mainly I was wondering if anyone heard a difference when they moved the strap around on top of their head, but it sounds like not.

Brian.

Aug 7, 2001 at 4:57 PM Post #10 of 20
Awww, phooey. I can write HTML in my sleep. I just choose to let myself get sidetracked so I do not get even more work to do because I do it fast.

Aug 7, 2001 at 4:57 PM Post #11 of 20
Oh yeah, sorry to get your thread so far off topic. No, I do not hear a difference when I love the headband from the middle/top to the back of my head.

Aug 7, 2001 at 5:37 PM Post #13 of 20
I agree with others here, that I just put them on, and they "fall" into place

Sound quality wise, I don't appear to notice any difference no matter how far forward, or back I place them
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 7, 2001 at 7:05 PM Post #14 of 20
One of the things I hated about my 495's was i had to either wear them on the back(top?) of my head or sit perfectly still in a chair. So I ended up wearing the 495s on the top of my head with the ear-pieces extra extra long(I've noticed some people wear them higher), I noticed that the sound is a lot better if you pull the ear-pieces down further than you think they should go(at least for me). They are too light though, always moving around. With my 600's I wear them forward over the front part of my head and as low as they go before the top part of the pad hits the top of my ear.

I have stretched ear lobes (7/8inch), and the 600's are the first pair of cans that don't bug me when i leave my plugs in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back