Senn mx500 vs 400 vs 300
May 25, 2004 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

crackerkorean

Head-Fier
I am looking to replace the stock headphones on my minidisc player and need some suggestions. I have heard from many people that the sennheisers are by far hands down best for the price range. I will be using these before between and after classes in school so they cant be really obtrusive thats why i decided on ear buds. <sorry rambling >

So what are the differences between the three models? I know the 500s have a volume control and I really dont need it. My mini disc has a remote so I i really dont need the volume option.

Suggestions please and sorry for my ignorance if there is any im a N00B
eggosmile.gif

May 25, 2004 at 7:53 PM Post #2 of 4
The 500s and 400s are identical except the 500 has the inline volume control. The 300 is not as nice-sounding, and it's worth the xtra money for the 400/500.

Although the sound is nice, the 500s/400s don't sit comfortably in my ears, with or without the Radio Shack foamy added. Guess there's no way for you to know until you try a pair.

Good luck.

May 26, 2004 at 2:19 AM Post #3 of 4
yeah, i find the mx series really big for my small ears. but if u dont need the volume controller or dont like the blue color, just grab the mx400.

May 26, 2004 at 3:46 AM Post #4 of 4
When you get the mx400/500s, don't forget to buy the Radio Shack foamies for 2 bucks. When I first tried on my mx500s, they didn't fell well at all. The fit was really loose and a little tug would pull them straight out. The foamies made it fit nice and snug. Now I can go running with em and not worry about them falling out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back