Senn MX500 first impressions
Aug 26, 2003 at 2:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Haoleb

100+ Head-Fier
Well i ordered a pair of Sennheiser MX500 to use with my portable while im at school because of the many reccomendations here, and because i sure aint dragging my Grado SR125's along with me all day. my portable is a Iriver IMP-400 BTW.

First i opened the package. and i think they should put the foam things on at the factory because those are a bit tricky to get on there. They look decent and dont seem really cheap. For 20 bucks i shouldnt be expecting a whole lot. From the reviews here i was thinking... yeah.... they might sound decent. maybe sorta like my grados. Heh. i wish. When i first played a song, they seemed a bit muffled in the mids and highs and the bass was a bit weak. sounds kina nasal. So.. after some teaking of the EQ on the iriver they started to sound decent enough. at least they dont distort from the bass like some phones ive used. Compared to my 20 dollar Sony MDR-cd180's they sound better. and the sony's are full size closed phones but the bass is over emphasized and boomy in those but they give you a more like sitting in the crowd sound than the on stage sound of the senns. Overall, for 20 dollars and considering their size they sound pretty decent. They seem to fit alright in my ears. But when i put on my grado's i immediatly realize why i love them. because they sound soo good.! but i do reccomend these, the volume control is a bit worthless for me but the place i bought them from didnt have the 400s. overall a great buy for the money and for small ear buds.
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back