senn mx-500 vs. mdr-888 [quick help me]
Dec 26, 2001 at 12:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

tracylynn

100+ Head-Fier
i also bought the Senn. mx-500 [from headphone.com too].... well it sound like crap. sh!+.... its doesnt even sound like the sony mdr-e888. am i missing something? u guys have mod for it?
IMO, my senn. mx-500 sounds like my $10 sony ear-bud from wal-mart :p

Dec 26, 2001 at 12:28 AM Post #2 of 12
are you using foamies?

somethign is wrong here, maybe give a few hours of break in or something..

Dec 26, 2001 at 2:01 AM Post #4 of 12
"are you using foamies?
somethign is wrong here, maybe give a few hours of break in or something.."

well im using the stock foamies....should i change it then? rat shack? mods?
and i have break-in it for 1.5 hrs now...does it require more burn-in time?

what should i do?

Dec 26, 2001 at 2:12 AM Post #6 of 12
Okay, does it *sound* like there might be some damage? How does it sound crappy? What specifically is wrong? What are you driving them with? Have you tried fussing around with placement/fit??

Dec 26, 2001 at 2:13 AM Post #7 of 12
I say give 'em some time...listen to them today, then go back to your other cheap earbuds, and you will see how much better the mx-500 sound...unless you got a defective pair....do they fit you right?
Maybe you're just getting used to a more balanced sound.....?

Dec 26, 2001 at 2:14 AM Post #8 of 12
Give em more break in, like 100hrs or so. When I first got my MX500s I wasn't particularily impressed, but after they went on a journey to someone else and back they sounded much better than I remembered them being. Still, they aren't exactly the best things in the world...

Dec 26, 2001 at 2:19 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by chych
Give em more break in, like 100hrs or so. When I first got my MX500s I wasn't particularily impressed, but after they went on a journey to someone else and back they sounded much better than I remembered them being. Still, they aren't exactly the best things in the world...

The exact same thing happened with me.

Dec 26, 2001 at 3:09 AM Post #10 of 12
I listened to the MX500s when we had the little meet (Me, DanG and Voyager), and I didn't care for them at all. They just didn't seem to have any detail, and didn't play well with my ears. Then again, I seem to be an exception to the rules, and have never been impressed with the sound of an earbud, and most of the time they hurt my ears badly. I think I have small ear canals or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back