Senn MM200 A2DP Stereo BT Headset / IEMs
Sep 29, 2008 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Traveller

500+ Head-Fier
You may find it odd that I would make a post about a BT headset in this subforum, but these Senn MM200 IEM-type A2DP stereo BT headphones are pretty impressive, as far as BT technology and bandwidth goes!

I was really surprised by the audio quality, especially considering the limited bandwidth of BT, (though EDR does provide a little more bandwidth @3Mbps). The phones are in-ear monitor types with three different sized rubber pads and when properly fitted, the bass is pretty decent.

The IEMs are attached to a lanyard which in turn is attached to the BT receiver, which is a glossy black rectangle of approx 6x2x1cm. There's also a clip so that you can also go that route, although you can only remove the top half of the lanyard (the concept's a bit odd, if you ask me).

Functionality-wise, it can do just about everything possible with an A2DP headset, such as:

Connect to two separate devices (e.g. Notebook & cellphone), play, pause goto prev. & next song (with Windows Media Player as well as Winamp), answer / hang up / mute / redial and even voice dialing too.

I tested all of the above features with my HTC Kaiser (aka T-Mobile MDA Vario II) as well as the cellphone's Windows Media Player and had absolutely no problems with any of the features. ditto for my Dell XPS M1330 and Lenovo T60 Notebooks and using Notebook & cellphone simultaneously
bigsmile_face.gif

Audio-wise, I'm not out to compare these IEMs to my Ety ER-4S but they really are quite impressive for a "BT headset". I was missing calls as I'm constantly using my 4GB SanDisk Sansa Clip (with an ok pair of Sony IEMs) but now I have a decent compromise for my commutes without sacrificing audio fidelity entirely
biggrin.gif

p.s. As for the "omnidirectional" mic, I got favorable feedback from friends, even when I was driving in my ragtop (top down, windows up)!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back