Senn IE8 Vs UE TF10 - was about to start a review...
Mar 31, 2009 at 10:08 AM Post #91 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Running the earphones 24/7 just frightens me.
Are you sure it's not harmful to the earphones?

The drivers were built to operate 24/7.

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:10 AM Post #92 of 102
Most burn-in generators have an option to allow the driver to rest. I think ppl recommend 20 minutes of rest every 3 hours or so.

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:01 PM Post #93 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Running the earphones 24/7 just frightens me.
Are you sure it's not harmful to the earphones?

I wouldn't have thought any damage would be done. One of the guys had his burning for about a week non stop.. I don't know if it is just a timing thing with the burn in but since I have been using the burn in files the top end really has opened up. They sound far less veiled and I was actually thinking of using the bass knob to add some more bass as it has really dropped off, but on reflection, I personally believe that I was just getting used to loads of bass. The overall sound now is much more balanced.....

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #94 of 102
I burned in my IE8 for nearly 17 days non stop.

If u afraid of damaging the it due to constant load, try to get some silent track. Add it to your burn-in playlist where u see it's appropriate. I normally use 40mins pink, 5mins silent on loop.

Regarding the bass, i dont think it's your ears getting used to it. Cuz the bass really reduced after 50+ hours. Most noticeable in the first 24 hours. Same goes with the veil and laidback sound imo.

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #96 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out of the box they were the worst IEM I had ever heard, and I owned some low end stuff. That cleared up after an hour of burn in, though. And now, audio bliss! I really love the soundstage. When people say headstage, I think they haven't heard the potential of the IE8.

My treble didn't come out until after 200 hours (210 or so, if memory serves me correct). The soundstage for me is consistently out of my head, where it was only sometimes out of my head a week or 2 ago, but it might be my op amp now being more burned in also (I have been running my sources 24/7 to burn in trying to get to 1000 hours or so).

I recently played accidentally the first track of the Stax demo cd and was shocked by how wide the soundstage has become. It's almost at my DX1000 level.

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #97 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Geez...what a hassle...

My thoughts exactly, but I'll live with it for another few days.. This burn in thing is doing my head in but the results do seem worth it..

Iv'e been here before with cables, same sloppy bottom end and lousy or shrill top end but that all ended very well so hopefully the same will apply here..

With regard to the bass, I think you are correct. I have been playing around with the EQ settings and also the bass knob and seem to have found a sweet spot but I guess that will all change in another 100 hrs or so.......

It will be a relief when they are nicely settled.......
happy_face1.gif

Apr 1, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #99 of 102
I see a lot of people who were dissapointed in using using Triple's and bought IE8 after. I've noticed that most of you use them with iPods.
I tried Triple.Fi with iPod 5,5 gen and I am sure saying that this is the worst combo ever heard. The highs were totally unnatural and the soundstage was "behind the curitans" ( i don't knowhow to tell this propely ).
I have heard a lot of players using Triple.Fi's for nearly a year and I say that the best player for them is iRiver E10 (unfortunatelly out of production). I have found TF10's souding nice only with this. If you want to get them to the top of there skills, try E10.

Apr 1, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #101 of 102
H300/100 also are good for TF10's. It depends on what sort of sound you like.

Apr 1, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #102 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by krisio06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see a lot of people who were dissapointed in using using Triple's and bought IE8 after. I've noticed that most of you use them with iPods.
I tried Triple.Fi with iPod 5,5 gen and I am sure saying that this is the worst combo ever heard. The highs were totally unnatural and the soundstage was "behind the curitans" ( i don't knowhow to tell this propely ).
I have heard a lot of players using Triple.Fi's for nearly a year and I say that the best player for them is iRiver E10 (unfortunatelly out of production). I have found TF10's souding nice only with this. If you want to get them to the top of there skills, try E10.

I had a set of recabled Triple Fi 10s coupled with the E10 and that was the best portable setup I had... until the phones gave me ear pain & I had to sell it off, and my hard drive on E10 died on me.

That's why I was like What-ed by this thread since I thought I near reached my portable audio nirvana using that combo, and I really couldn't imagine the IE8s being THAT much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back