Senn ie6, UE super.fi EB, or Beats Tour for Trance? All same price (within 20 bucks)
Mar 2, 2009 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

archercat

100+ Head-Fier
After reading about almost jillion threads on here, I have come to the conclusion that (given my budget) I would be better off getting a dynamic set rather than BA's.

I can get any of these for about the same price to replace my e2c's. But unfortunately can not try any before purchase. I have read all about the PFE's (over 100 pages), and their sound quality trumps the list I have, but I believe I would be happier with the dynamic bass signature...

Right now I am leaning towards the Beats Tour, I really dig the flat cord and a lot of reviews on other sites say their not bad at all, (not coming from audiophiles like yourself, but I would probably lean towards fun than accurate) I have heard a few good things about the Sennheisers, but mostly everything is on the ie8, and I can afford the ie6. The EB's seems to stick out a ton, but if they would be the best of the three I would deal with it, plus I like the idea of a replaceable cord.

Thanks!

Mar 2, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #2 of 12
Did you check out the Monster Turbine thread? A major trance fan, Shigzeo, is testing out the Turbines (as am I and other Head-Fi'ers) and he really likes them. THey are $149 on Amazon.

Mar 2, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #3 of 12
Thanks... I was assuming that they would be similar to the Tour's and I like the cable better on the Tours, err.. looks like I can get the Turbines for about 100 bucks so it's a bit cheaper than the others as well... UGH... It wasn't this hard buying my last car! LOL

Mar 2, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #4 of 12
IE6 or Turbine. Not the Beats Tour.

Mar 2, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #5 of 12
It's likely that not many have tried the beats, but from what I have heard, the IE6 has more bass than the IE7

Mar 2, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #9 of 12
Thanks for the replies... I just ordered the IE6's, $150 with shipping! Now I just have to wait...
frown.gif

Thanks again.

Mar 2, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #10 of 12
I heard the Beats Tour, they are pretty darn good and compare favourably with the Atrios. I am very curious how they compare to the Turbines though, I suspect that the Tours should sound similar to the Turbines but just a different styling. The flat cord by the way is pretty darn nice.

Mar 2, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by archercat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the replies... I just ordered the IE6's, $150 with shipping! Now I just have to wait...
frown.gif

Thanks again.

Let us know what you think about them once you have them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back