Senn HD650 - trying to buy in Australia
Oct 21, 2004 at 9:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

modi

Head-Fier
I am having trouble finding any Australian shops or internet sites that sell the Sennheiser HD650 for anything resembling a reasonable price. The few places that I can find are asking $700+ AUD for the HD650. Does anyone know where in Australia these can be had for a good price? I see prices of $330 US on American websites. This translates to about $450 AUS. I guess the Australian importers must have a huge markup on these.

Oct 21, 2004 at 9:39 AM Post #2 of 6
eggosmile.gif

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2004 at 10:06 AM Post #3 of 6
I think Sennheiser will be charging the aussie dealers more, they're just passing the costs on with a reasonably markup - well some of them anyway.

I'm in NZ, and i've always been able to get my headphones from stores in the states. http://headphone.com are a head-fi sponsor, they ship anywhere, and i've heard they'll sometimes offer a discount on their list prices if you ask. I doubt they do price matches though. Also todd the vinyl junkie's a good guy, since it's one guy I bet he'd be pretty flexible (link is "todd" at the top of the page).

Oct 21, 2004 at 10:06 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by modi
I am having trouble finding any Australian shops or internet sites that sell the Sennheiser HD650 for anything resembling a reasonable price. The few places that I can find are asking $700+ AUD for the HD650. Does anyone know where in Australia these can be had for a good price? I see prices of $330 US on American websites. This translates to about $450 AUS. I guess the Australian importers must have a huge markup on these.

I purchased my HD650 in March this year for AUD530 at a retravision store in Sydney's CBD. Since they have been out for even longer now you may be able to get a better deal. Shop/ring around and see if the dealers will beat each others prices.
600smile.gif

Oct 21, 2004 at 11:34 PM Post #5 of 6
thanx guys,
that retravision store is a terrific aussie price.

Oct 22, 2004 at 4:29 AM Post #6 of 6
yeah it was a great price
icon10.gif
took a while to get, since then Retravision have moved location I believe, the store shut down a month back, but they said they were relocating, cant quite remember where too tho.

There were a few other outlets who will do close to that price but once again I can't remember exactly who, Just shop around and good luck in your searching.

600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back