Senn HD650 stock cable improvements vs. HD600
Feb 11, 2004 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

agbassano

New Head-Fier
Has anyone really spent much time with the stock cable on the HD650?? Even Headroom indicates that the cable used on the HD650 "has been much improved OFC cable", though they "continue to recommend the Cardas upgrade..."

I believe Tueberoller mentioned that the stripped cables looked the same--though any cable maker will insist not all the differences are visible....

confused.gif

Also--any word on the Jan Meier replacement cable?

Feb 11, 2004 at 10:45 PM Post #2 of 4
Hello There I have taken both cables apart the new HD-650 cable
and the old HD-600 cable inside they are both the same the only thing diffrent is the jack and the outside casing.The headphones them selves are what make people think that one cable sounds better then the other.Put the HD-600 cable on the HD-650 it sounds good on those because the phones are good the cables are the same.I hope this answers your question.

Feb 11, 2004 at 11:06 PM Post #3 of 4
If anyone can hear any difference between the stock 650 and 600 cable they have VERY, VERY, good hearing. I didn't spend alot of time but in the little time I did I heard zero difference.
As far as build quality go's though the 650 cable is much stronger.

Feb 11, 2004 at 11:53 PM Post #4 of 4
I think your hearing is rigth on. I believe this is just a case where people look at the outside and think looks cool must be better.
when I took the 600 cable and put it on the 650 I would have sworn it was the 650 cable when all it really was is the 650 phones themselves.They just sound good. Up grade the cable and they sound even better. The wire inside both is some kind of copper with colered stuff on the wire you have to ever so softly
scrub off to solder them togeather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back