Senn HD600 amp suggestions
Nov 5, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #16 of 21
Playing around a little, and I think what I am going to do is 3D print a bracket for the power transformer to be mounted in. Then I will just run leads off the pertinent pins and wire the rest of the amp point to point using axial leaded components on a ground bus wire. I sketched it out and I can do the power supply pretty easily using a turret board and then one tag strip per tube. I've got a 10x12 chassis sitting around so I'll have tons of room to work. Once I get some work done I'll start a thread. Waiting for transformers now.

Nov 7, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #18 of 21
On the Headwatt schematic it shows a ground symbol on the high voltage bridge rectifier section where the first filter capacitor negative side is connected. Is that the best place to use as a star ground for the rest of the circuit? Having read and re-read his page on grounding I think that is what he intends.

Nov 8, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #19 of 21
On the Headwatt schematic it shows a ground symbol on the high voltage bridge rectifier section where the first filter capacitor negative side is connected. Is that the best place to use as a star ground for the rest of the circuit? Having read and re-read his page on grounding I think that is what he intends.

I etched my boards for this amp, here is what I came up with...

Nov 8, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #21 of 21
Well, I'm definitely building the Max. I'm seriously considering the Headwatt, although I have so many pairs or quads of tubes I could go about any direction. 12B4a's, 6EM7, 6SN7, 6080, 6197, 1626, 12sx7, etc..... Then there's that 6C45pi parafeed on the forum right now. I'd really like to build a parafeed similar to the MAD Ear purist to try as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back