Senn HD570s finally broke after all this time :( any replacement suggestions?
Oct 18, 2008 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

justi

Head-Fier
First, let me say its nice to be back here after a 3 year hiatus (You last visited: 11-02-2005 at 10:43 PM).

My trusty, awesome headphones seem to have finally died on me and I do not beleive Sennheiser will repair them for free this time.

I definitely enjoyed the mass amount of comfort these headphones had along with, most importantly, the sound quality they provided. I got these for a steal a long while back (60$) and RMA'd them weeks later to get brand new replacements but it seems that time has taken its toll on them.

Anyone have any suggestions for replacements for someone who loved their 570s for all these years? I saw there are some beyerdynamics on sale on amazon in another thread but I'm really behind the times after being away for so long.

Thanks in advance!

Oct 18, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #2 of 6
Welcome back!
biggrin.gif

What are you looking for exactly?

Oct 18, 2008 at 5:14 AM Post #3 of 6
I loved my old 570s, I dug the sound and comfort. You might be able to find a used pair in the for sale forum. If you're more interested in trying something new I'm afraid you'll only be disappointed with the comfort you find in other headphones. I wouldn't say they sound especially similar but I enjoyed the 570 and I dig the newer and fairly comfortable Sennheiser 595.

Oct 18, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #4 of 6
Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Probably something similar. I might actually want to try closed phones this time around as the outside noise I caused seemed to be a small disturbance not to mention everyone elses around me :x

I definitely liked the sound of my 570s and how it was an all-around sound lover. Also, the comfort on them was unforgettable. I could wear these for days without realizing they are on my head.

I saw that amazon is running a special on beyer 770s and that caught my eye. They even look similar. Price probably isn't an object up to probably the 300 marker. Maybe more if its REALLY worth it. However, with my past tastes I can't imagine being an extreme wallet breaking audiophile
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 18, 2008 at 7:25 AM Post #5 of 6
If you go with the 770's you really need an amp.

If you are trying to stay on the cheap, but want good quality you can get a Little Dot MK1+ which is a hybrid tube and solid state amp for under $100 shipped. Details here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/new...ml#post4853847

I personally went for the MKIII though because I decided I needed a bit more power for my HD580.

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:28 AM Post #6 of 6
The HD 595's are very comfortable, but they are not quite as comfortable as the 570's are to me.

I bought the HD 595's and they sounded much different than the 570's to me so I sold them to a friend... who never paid me for them.

They sounded.... (i'm not an audiophile) less neutral .. than the 570's and I just couldn't take it any more... I'd like to step up from the 570's too, but I can't imagine any other headphone i've seen that could be as comfortable. Maybe the 590's are as comfortable, but I don't know if those are available anywhere any more. I also am not sure how their sound compares to the 570's.

Side note. The 570's are still in great condition. I've owned them since 2001.. maybe 2002 at the latest. I just recently replaced the cable. I run over the cable with my chair daily and that's not where it broke after 7 years. It broke near the port in the headphones for the cable. Kevlar is a wonderful thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back