Senn HD280 now at Virgin Megastore.
Mar 20, 2002 at 7:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

acidtripwow

Headphoneus Supremus
I was at the Virgin Megastore today and they actually had the Senn HD280 closed headphone on display. They weren't behind the counter this time and even had more than one. Price was $99.99. I didn't pick one up today but may on my next trip.

Mar 20, 2002 at 7:49 PM Post #2 of 3
Yep, I believe the New York Virgin is where delenda est Sony got the pair he reviewed. They're at the San Francisco Virgin as well along with the Philips 910s ($130 if I remember correctly). No sign of the 890s though.

(HBZ)

Mar 20, 2002 at 8:58 PM Post #3 of 3
Sad but true, Virgin is now the best place in NYC to see (if not hear) a good variety of decent headphones in one merchant. I've seem Philips 550s, and 910s, Senn 280s, MX4/500s, 497s, and 495s, and even the Grado SR60 at local Virgin stores. Blows away the wretched crap at Best Buy, Circuit City etc and even gives you more options than a hifi store which will usually carry only one or two brands of phones and a pretty limited selection even in that brand. (Also at NYC hifi stores, they are pushing you so hard to buy other (costlier) equipment like amps, speakers, cables and even power converters that the headphone transaction is pretty minimalized!!! )

And Virgin has a no questions asked refund & exchange/credit policy that is useful in case one buys a stinker. If only their prices were better...they always charge list for cans and $5-$7 more for CDs and DVDs than other local stores.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back