Senn HD 595 Question
Sep 11, 2006 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Audio18

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys. Been reading this forum for quite a while now on and off, always wondering if I should put down tons of cash for a introduction to a high-end headphone, but never made up my mind. Finally, after using my Nano with the cheapy earbuds along with the KSC-75's, I decided to upgrade to the Senn HD 595. If UPS is on schedule, they should arrive tommmorow.

Some of my questions are:

1. I'll be using this card with my Revo M-audio 5.1. I know there is a headphone amp but will this drive the phones' well enough?

2. How will the Nano drive it?

3. Anything else I should know about?

Thanks guys!

Sep 11, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #2 of 19
A good amp will always improve quality, but in the case of low impedance phones like the HD595 they should be driven fairly well out of the nano and soundcard. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Sep 11, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #4 of 19
Burn in for them is around 50-100 hours i think.
Nothing rediculous as with other cans ive read about (and started dreaming about also
600smile.gif
)

As for an amp, ive finally ordered a headfive amp from Dr. Meier.
Im anxious to find out for myself. But people say the match is made in heaven.
Dont worry about an amp now since ye just gottem, but let the thought linger for a while and buy an amp later when ye want to fully enjoy the potential of hd595.
Ive had mine for about a year. That is how long the thought lingered for me.

Sep 11, 2006 at 9:26 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio18
Thank you. What is the usual burn-in time for these cans to start sounding their best?

5 hours of break-in + 15-20 hours of brain adjusting to the hd595 sound.
580smile.gif

Sep 11, 2006 at 11:45 PM Post #6 of 19
I use the 595s (50 ohm) with my nano all the time. It drives them just fine and the audio quality is quite good. I prefer my HF-1s for most music but thats just a preference. I have also used the ksc-75s with the nano. While great for the price, you will notice a very big diff with the 595s. Enjoy!

Sep 12, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #8 of 19
Thanks so much guys! I'm so excited! Hopefully I get them tommorow =/. The delivery estimate day is supposed to be the 12th but it still says it's in transit? Newegg is weird. =/

Sep 12, 2006 at 6:06 AM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Hi guys. Been reading this forum for quite a while now on and off, always wondering if I should put down tons of cash for a introduction to a high-end headphone, but never made up my mind. Finally, after using my Nano with the cheapy earbuds along with the KSC-75's, I decided to upgrade to the Senn HD 595. If UPS is on schedule, they should arrive tommmorow.

Some of my questions are:

1. I'll be using this card with my Revo M-audio 5.1. I know there is a headphone amp but will this drive the phones' well enough?

2. How will the Nano drive it?

3. Anything else I should know about?

Thanks guys!

Front seat cans..Very in your face..Good detail & above average sound stage..

Sep 12, 2006 at 6:08 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Thanks so much guys! I'm so excited! Hopefully I get them tommorow =/. The delivery estimate day is supposed to be the 12th but it still says it's in transit? Newegg is weird. =/

The night before my 595 arrived, I couldn't sleep. Was waited for them so bad..Got to bed at 6am..Woke at 11:00, then 12:00 to check for the UPS truck.. Got them soon after..

Sep 12, 2006 at 6:57 AM Post #12 of 19
Just letting you know... HD 595 L LDM+ Amp = Great synergy

Sep 12, 2006 at 3:57 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice
The night before my 595 arrived, I couldn't sleep. Was waited for them so bad..Got to bed at 6am..Woke at 11:00, then 12:00 to check for the UPS truck.. Got them soon after..

Me too! So hard to sleep, when I keep thinking about them!
lambda.gif
I'm very excited because listening to my computer monitors sometimes gets boring for me and I long for a more intimate listening session, so sometimes I even turn off the monitors and put on my iBuds, quality is junk but atleast it gives me a tatse of the intimacy I'm searching for that I hope the HD595 could provide for me.

Do you prefer one over the other? [HD600;HD595] or both?

Well UPS says they're on time with the package so can't wait til' I get home from school to check if they're here!

Sep 12, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #14 of 19
Got them just now!

Some first impressions-

- GREAT, HUGE soundstage and image.
- satisfied with highs and mids out of the box
- bass needs to tighten up, a bit boomy for my tatse
- very organic and much warmer than the KSC-75's and iBuds
- stomps the KSC-75 overall

Gotta listen more!! Loving them!

Sep 13, 2006 at 12:14 AM Post #15 of 19
Boomy bass out of the box? What the....?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back