Senn Hd 590 First impression
Mar 9, 2005 at 4:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

PwM

New Head-Fier
I just got the 590’s and am happy with their sound so far. A lot of people feel that these cans are to bright and I think they are a touch bright as well but not ear splitting as you would think by some reviews, at no time have they seemed unnatural or uncomfortable but I think if you had a sibilant Cd player or were clipping they would be a real problem and quite harsh.
They are very efficient and I am able to get more than enough volume with my dial between 9 and 10 o’clock ( 50 watt Rotel receiver ) along with the efficiency they are dynamic, drums have a nice kick to them lots of authority and clarity you can easily hear the stick hitting the symbols and I rather like the shimmer. Jazz sounds great and heavy rock is no problem at all, lots of power and impact, distorted guitars don’t have a shrill edge.
The bass right now seems a little soft and could use a more distinct attack but goes down low enough. The upper bass sound a touch hollow to me like a slightly resonant speaker cabinet, I hope this will change when they are broken in but it is not a problem now.
In a nutshell I like them quite a bit and my toes are tapping.
PwM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back