senn hd 590 cable
Jul 15, 2005 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

SimonX

New Head-Fier
Would buying a new cable improve my hd 590's? Im a bit dissatisfied with the bass and overall sound. I use them with a Harman/Kardon 675 stereo amp.

What cable should I buy? Where can you buy them in Finland if anyone happens to know? I can't spend that much money. Maybe like 50-80 euros in total.

thanx for any replies

Jul 15, 2005 at 7:18 PM Post #3 of 8
The stock cable on the 590s is excellent.

See ya
Steve

Jul 15, 2005 at 7:54 PM Post #4 of 8
the stefan audioart equinox cable will significantly improve your enjoyment of the 590s. it opens up the soundstage quite a bit and really does help with the bass. the only thing to watch with these cables are the connectors, you must take care not to detach the ends from underneath the heatshrink type material that covers them. mine lasted a good two years approx. before i had this problem though, so overall the cable is a good one for the money.

Jul 16, 2005 at 4:47 AM Post #5 of 8
I agree with most that the cable upgrade will make a difference, but I disagree as to the degree of difference. I have the stefan equinox and I would characterize the change as noticeable, but subtle. If you go in expecting the cable to drastically change the sonic signature of the headphone, I think you will be disappointed.

Jul 16, 2005 at 11:01 AM Post #7 of 8
If you' re dissatisfied with the overall sound, a change in cable is probably not the best investment. Consider selling them and buying new phones

Jul 16, 2005 at 2:52 PM Post #8 of 8
I'm not sure if a cable will fix your problem. Maybe the problem is source related. What do you mean by "Im a bit dissatisfied with the bass"? The HD 590 are quite bass heavy.

Welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back