Senn Earpads and/or Dual-Headphone Listening
Aug 29, 2005 at 1:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Brent Hutto

100+ Head-Fier
I have two almost unrelated questions. Advice on either or both is appreciated.

Q1: Where is the easiest place to obtain a replacement set of earpads (or whatever you call the little foam-and-cloth thingies) for a HD595 headphone?

Q2: I just had a brainstorm, well more like a little gust of hot air but still...

I've switched to listening to music with headphones direct from my CD player rather than the old CD player --> Power Amp --> Speakers setup that I've had for years. Problem being, if my wife wants to hear what I'm listening to we can't both listen at once. How can I get two sets of dissimilar headphones (PX200, HD595) out of that one CD player, with independent volume controls?

My idea is to get a headphone amp that gets fed from the line-out on the CD player and use it to power the HD595. Then plug the other headphone into the 1/4" jack on the front of the player. It has a little volume control right by the jack and a stout little internal headphone amp driving it. That's how I listen with the PX200 right now. Problem being that I'd have to somehow disable the thing inside the headphone jack that cuts off the line outputs whenever the headphone is plugged in.

Or maybe there's another way. In addition to the regular (fixed) line-out there's a second set of RCA jacks with a variable output controlled by the same little knob that controls headphone volume. I wonder if I could just use a Twin-RCA-to-Mini adapter cable to connect one headphone to the variable line-out?

Aug 30, 2005 at 1:56 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent Hutto
Q1: Where is the easiest place to obtain a replacement set of earpads (or whatever you call the little foam-and-cloth thingies) for a HD595 headphone?

Here's the answer to the first question. I just called Sennheiser USA at 860-434-9190 and ordered a pair of HD595 ear pads, their catalog number 094738. They took my Mastercard number and will ship them to me. The cost was $14.14 for the pair of pads plus $3.50 shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back