Senn 650's for $250?
Apr 16, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #46 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered some HD650's from Amazon (seller was sarjo distributions) for $308 ($319 with expidited shipping). I emailed the seller to verify that they were new, in box, with warranty, as advertised, becaus his listing was under the "used and refurbished" section. He assured me they WERE new, legit, and everything as promised. I used an AMEX card, since you get a lot more customer protection with them, placed my order, and prayed. They arrived in one week, all original packaging, and all is well. That's the best price I could find for new ones, and I'm happy as a clam.

Very nice price for new. So long as Sennheiser will honor the warranty, you're good. Not saying you should expect problems with your new HD650. And I have no reason to believe your warranty would not be honored, but that would be my first question to Sennheiser about this purchase. Another good thing to consider when buying is a seller's refund policy, which in this case would be Amazon or Sarjo Distributions. Congrats on your new HD650.

Apr 16, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #47 of 68
Thanks, 1Time. I asked sarjo about that (the warranty and return policy. Their return policy is that they will only accept them for defective products, and as for the warranty:
"Warranty will not be a problem if purchased from us. The warranty is from the manufacturer but you must follow these instructions FIRST. Manufacturers are against online sales because they want the general public to pay full retail pricing and us e-tailers are here to provide quality goods at a reasonable price. All you need to do is contact us FIRST in the event you should have a problem down the road. We will obtain a return authorization number on your behalf and you can send the item directly to the manufacturer for repairs. Just check our feedbacks and it will say it all about who we are and the quality of service we provide to all of our online customers."

Fair enough, I suppose...

Apr 16, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #48 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You certainly are not alone in not feeling right when it comes to buying refurbished. And I agree with those who consider and support resellerratings.com, as I do too. Most consumers are not acquainted with the term "refurbished". I'm a fairly experienced buyer/seller on eBay and have learned that refurbs are commonly sold on eBay, and many sellers there go to lengths to explain the term to help alleviate reservations buyers have of not buying new. More importantly, if buying from an unauthorized reseller, the manufacturer may not honor their warranty. While the description does clearly state, "Refurbished to new condition with full 2 year Sennheiser warranty.", unfortunately this seller made no effort to dumb down their description for the benefit of the common Joe consumer.

You're not wrong for not buying refurbished, and you're not wrong for not buying from this seller. It's your choice. It's just that you're not experienced enough to know a good deal when you see one. No offense, really. I'm just telling you it's a good deal, and I know it is from experience of buying and selling electronics over the years. You can buy new at full price and get the same product and warranty. Or you can take your chances with buying used and risk the manufacturer not honoring their warranty because it's not transferrable. Not trying to promote this seller or Senns in particular. Just telling it like it is folks. You're welcome.

I didn't thank you...

Apr 16, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #49 of 68
Quote:

Thanks, 1Time. I asked sarjo about that (the warranty and return policy. Their return policy is that they will only accept them for defective products, and as for the warranty:
"Warranty will not be a problem if purchased from us. The warranty is from the manufacturer but you must follow these instructions FIRST. Manufacturers are against online sales because they want the general public to pay full retail pricing and us e-tailers are here to provide quality goods at a reasonable price. All you need to do is contact us FIRST in the event you should have a problem down the road. We will obtain a return authorization number on your behalf and you can send the item directly to the manufacturer for repairs. Just check our feedbacks and it will say it all about who we are and the quality of service we provide to all of our online customers."

Fair enough, I suppose...

This tells me they are not an authorized Sennheiser reseller, and that would not have been my first choice for buying new. They're not saying they're not an authorized Sennheiser reseller, but I can tell because 1) they're not saying they are an authorized Sennheiser reseller and 2) they're trying to make it look like there are no authorized Sennheiser resellers other than Sennheiser and they're just like anyone else selling Sennheiser products. It's misleading. You may want to find out from Sargo what your total cost would be for doing a warranty transaction with them for your HD650. They may be hoping to up their profit in this way. Personally, I'd try to cancel the order IF I did not first get confirmation from Sennheiser that they would honor Sennheiser's warranty directly with me since the purchase was from Sarjo. All of this may be moot if Sennheiser will handle your warranty directly with you, which may be the case and you could find this out by contacting Sennheiser.

Apr 16, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #51 of 68
Quote:

No problem, cause now I'm covered in case some day you do thank me.

That's funny.

LOL. All right. So I owe you one less thanks in the future.

May 19, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #52 of 68
I will suggest those guys who interested to order refurb Hd650 from dakmart.com to think twice.

Here is my experience. Place order on dakmart.com with paypal account. No confirmation email from dakmart after I ordered it except the paypal receipt (I was wondering if people order with credit card directly, then they probably don't have any confirmation at all). The website don't have any place to check order status.

I sent email the day after order date to sales@dakmart.com to check order status. They reply the other day and said, "It is paid and awaiting shipment.". After about four days, I asked the order status again since there is no information at all. They replied:"I apologize for the inconvenience but the item you ordered was the last one we had in stock. Unfortunately when we went to ship your item we discovered it was damaged. We can no longer order anymore and have to issue a refund, please allow 24-48 hours."

But, I checked dakmart.com, the refurb HD650 is still there. It's not a good experience from my side. I just hope I get my refund without any problem.

Never order from dakmart again!!

May 19, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #53 of 68
We all knew that was going to happen...they are attracting people in with great deals and they dont even have the item in stock.

I doubt they will remove the ad either...resellers ratings normally dont lie that much about a company. I would never buy from a cheesy dealer.

May 19, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #54 of 68
Quote:

I just ordered some HD650's from Amazon (seller was sarjo distributions) for $308 ($319 with expidited shipping). I emailed the seller to verify that they were new, in box, with warranty, as advertised, becaus his listing was under the "used and refurbished" section. He assured me they WERE new, legit, and everything as promised. I used an AMEX card, since you get a lot more customer protection with them, placed my order, and prayed. They arrived in one week, all original packaging, and all is well. That's the best price I could find for new ones, and I'm happy as a clam.

Were these the "new" version with the white/silver fabric covering the slots in the driver housing?

May 19, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #55 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by questchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will suggest those guys who interested to order refurb Hd650 from dakmart.com to think twice.

Here is my experience. Place order on dakmart.com with paypal account. No confirmation email from dakmart after I ordered it except the paypal receipt (I was wondering if people order with credit card directly, then they probably don't have any confirmation at all). The website don't have any place to check order status.

I sent email the day after order date to sales@dakmart.com to check order status. They reply the other day and said, "It is paid and awaiting shipment.". After about four days, I asked the order status again since there is no information at all. They replied:"I apologize for the inconvenience but the item you ordered was the last one we had in stock. Unfortunately when we went to ship your item we discovered it was damaged. We can no longer order anymore and have to issue a refund, please allow 24-48 hours."

But, I checked dakmart.com, the refurb HD650 is still there. It's not a good experience from my side. I just hope I get my refund without any problem.

Never order from dakmart again!!

It's almost as if my previous posts were not read or understood. You get what you pay for. If you want real time inventory control and a hold my hand through my entire shopping experience type of customer service, you will pay a higher price. And that's not what Dakmart and the like are all about.

Again, I have no problem with anyone not ordering from Dakmart, since that helps to keep their prices even lower for the rest of us.

May 19, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #56 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradofan2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Were these the "new" version with the white/silver fabric covering the slots in the driver housing?

Sorry, didn't see your question until I saw 1Time's last post...yes, the sarjo ones were the new driver style. Other than the difference in volume level between L/R channels, they sounded pretty good, but...still.

May 19, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #57 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We all knew that was going to happen...they are attracting people in with great deals and they dont even have the item in stock.

Yes, I knew this was going to happen too. It must as Dakmart obviously does not have real time inventory control. However, Dakmart does a large volume of business and sells many more items that are in stock (as usual) than it has problems like this one with the item being out of stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I doubt they will remove the ad either...resellers ratings normally dont lie that much about a company. I would never buy from a cheesy dealer.

No, resellerratings tend to report a higher proportion of negative experiences because people are not as motivated to report positive ones. And, there's no reason to cast Dakmart in a negative light because customers shop there and expect the same service they can get elsewhere for (correction) a higher price. There's a trade off - price and service. Besides, Dakmart is an authorized Sennheiser reseller. The cheesy resellers out there are the ones faking this.

May 19, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #58 of 68
Quote:

It's almost as my previous posts were not read or understood. You get what you pay for. If you want real time inventory control and a hold my hand through my entire shopping experience type of customer service, you will pay a higher price. And that's not what Dakmart and the like are all about.

Again, I have no problem with anyone not ordering from Dakmart, since that helps to keep their prices even lower for the rest of us.

Actually, I read all the posts (half of the post are yours) before I placed the order and just try my luck since I don't mind to order refurb items. My projector, ER4p are all refurb items and they works great!

Even though I called before I placed the order, Dakmart will still tell me they have Hd650 in stock -- in the email they said there is one in stock!! But before shipping, they found it's damaged....

So you will suggest other people should call them and confirm the item is in stock AND not damaged??

I was going to give a positive try on this but end with unhappy result... just it... I think you don't need jump out and shoot every post that has negative experience on dakmart....

May 19, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #59 of 68
Quote:

It's almost as if my previous posts were not read or understood. You get what you pay for. If you want real time inventory control and a hold my hand through my entire shopping experience type of customer service, you will pay a higher price. And that's not what Dakmart and the like are all about.

I don't understand why you so vehemently defend dakmart over and over. They obviously screwed up questchen's order and you come back with "You get what you pay for" again. Their low prices make a bad shopping experience ok, that's obviously your stance on the matter.

What I don't get is your condescending tone and attitude toward those that have had problems with them. The whole "good riddance", "that leaves better prices for the rest of us", etc type attitude.

May 19, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #60 of 68
Quote:

Sorry, didn't see your question until I saw 1Time's last post...yes, the sarjo ones were the new driver style. Other than the difference in volume level between L/R channels, they sounded pretty good, but...still.

I hope you're not planning on keeping those defective cans without repair or replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back