Senn 600/650 Owners...
Apr 28, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by pearljam5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i hope the sound is better than the smell...

The sound is definitely pretty good.
biggrin.gif
I just got them so too early to really say, but right off the bat they are strong contenders to my AD900s, and they do not have anywhere near the veil I was expecting -- a very good sign. And supposedly there is a lot of improvement also available from upgrades, of cable, amp, source, etc.

They also look a lot better than I was expecting. The "faux marble" is actually pretty dark and not half as bad as I thought it was going to be. These might be keepers.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 29, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #17 of 29
My 650s are completely and totally odorless. But I'd like to thank you. My wife already thinks I've completely and totally lost my mind for buying 69,000 pairs of headphones in about 3 weeks time, and now she just caught me snuffling them vigorously.

Apr 29, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #20 of 29
My HD650s barely smelled at all. When I got my 325i goldies though... that Grado foam smell is infamous, but went away after a short while.
biggrin.gif

Nov 23, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #25 of 29
My hd650s didn't have much of a smell at all. My Grados on the other hand, smell great! It is like a new car smell that sadly starts to vanish.

Nov 23, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean the part with the cup doesn't go over your nose?

tongue.gif

Huh, now I understand why all of my headphones had such a wierd nasal tone...
tongue.gif

In any case, I just ordered a brand new HD-650. Lets see if that one has any wierd stenches..

*edit* Dammit, the place where I ordered HD650 no longer had them and they also do no longer carry it. Too cheap deal to be true.

Jan 12, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by priest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My 650s are completely and totally odorless. But I'd like to thank you. My wife already thinks I've completely and totally lost my mind for buying 69,000 pairs of headphones in about 3 weeks time, and now she just caught me snuffling them vigorously.

Crikey lol. Do what my dad does, hide them and just swap things around from their usual locations. My dad's DSLR was suddenly black
tongue.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #29 of 29
Mine did not smell bad either...a little funny maybe but not particularly bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back