Senn 280 Pros -- the lo-o-ong burn in.
Apr 3, 2003 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Davie

1000+ Head-Fier
I've been using these fairly regularly for several months now, and my impression is that the sound continues to get better as time goes on -- the "hollowness" which has been the main objection to 280s seems to be getting less pronounced, the sound generally is fuller. Has anybody else had similar experiences? It could all be psychological (or perhaps the result of changing ear pressure) since what I'm noticing are small changes over a long time frame. The main way I've been able to double check for this has been to compare the 280s against other headphones (AT A1000s and Senn 497s) at regular intervals.

Also, has anybody had the opportunity to compare a brand new pair against a well burned-in one?

All of this has me thinking that it might be worthwhile for someone to do a review of a well-used pair of 280s. The reviews that I've read don't seem to do justice to what I'm hearing from the 280 at the moment. Perhaps this is because people have been giving them "only" 100 hours of burn in.

Apr 3, 2003 at 9:46 PM Post #2 of 2
I would have to agree with you on this one. My pair keeps getting better and better with each passing week. I too have been comparing them to my 497's and the 280's have now surpassed them in rock. I never thought they would be better than my 497's for rock, but these 280's keep surprising me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back