SENN 280 Pros (First decent can purchase)
Mar 7, 2005 at 8:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

mi1stormilst

New Head-Fier
Well I prefer closed cans due to the nature of my enviroment (Kids and Wife) I love to play CS and listen to Rhapsody. I am fairly satisfied with the quality of these cans. Sound reproduction is good ... it does miss a little in the BASS department but they are pretty well balanced otherwise. I think you can do better for $100.00 by getting some open cans. However if you want to isolate sound coming in or leaking out (office is in bedroom) these are near perfect.

Mar 8, 2005 at 2:39 AM Post #3 of 12
you can give it a bass boost a little and the bass may not be big but goes down aways...you notice any better sound localization in CS? 'cause I noticed it over my old $20 sony's in some of my shooters.
280smile.gif

Mar 8, 2005 at 2:48 AM Post #4 of 12
just got mine today.

i dont understand this "lacks in bass" thing
basshead.gif
with a little bass boost from foobar and my sound card (see sig) they shake my ears to mush. Even with my micro and a little bass boost they still kick the crap out of the px100's bass.
rolleyes.gif
anyways i have yet to try these things out on games but i hear they are great for it. i too hope you didnt pay over 100, i got mine for 94 at amazon with 2nd day air.

EDIT: Just tried it on CS source, and apart from the fact that i suck major ass at that game (
biggrin.gif
) i did notice i could hear people coming around the corner alot sooner. although this still didnt do me much good as i shot their shins twice when they shoot me in the head once and keep running....
rolleyes.gif
oh well back to halo 2
tongue.gif

Mar 8, 2005 at 1:01 PM Post #5 of 12
While I also didn't quite agree with those lack-of-bass comments on this bassmonster ... I really can't understand that you're using bass boost with them !
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

280smile.gif

Mar 8, 2005 at 1:24 PM Post #6 of 12
I don't really feel the 280s lack bass either. If anything, there is an over sensitivity in the lowest octave. I think people are so used to over emphasized upper bass that the 280s are somewhat of a shock.

But then again, the K501s have been my number one can of late, so the 280s do indeed sound like bass monsters in comparison.

What happened to the 280 smiley?

Mar 8, 2005 at 1:27 PM Post #7 of 12
my 280s served me very well for the last two years. It was my first quality headphone and I loved it. Bass goes very low, but I usually had to use bass boost and some eq to bring it out. I loved it minus the vice like grip on your head..which gets worse especially if you got a big head like me
redface.gif

Mar 8, 2005 at 1:27 PM Post #8 of 12
The 280s were my first set of decent heaphones too, so they'll always be a little special to me. To my ears they have enough bass, but it is a little flabby. However, when you consider the price and the huge amount of isolation they provide, they're definitely a good buy.

Mar 8, 2005 at 3:44 PM Post #9 of 12
280's were my intro to head-fi as well. I love them for putting a techno club in my head, but i found some more money and another pair of cans that work better for my zeppelin obsession.

Mar 8, 2005 at 8:16 PM Post #10 of 12
Could any of you tell me how long the cord on 280 pro is? Pictures I've seen had a coiled cable, but I haven't heard the stretched/unstretched length. Also, it terminates in an 1/8, right? I need some headphones for recording, I'm thinking it's going to be these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back