Senheiser ie8 vs Westone 4
Aug 23, 2011 at 3:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lefteris

New Head-Fier
Hi to everyone.I tried the search function but i have found only one thread related with this.....I now have sennheiser ie8 and i am very pleased with them....but two years with the same iem are too much for me
biggrin.gif
So i was thinking buing the westone 4....How do the compare with the ie8 in term of sound quality and built quality?I prefer pop dance and house music...

Aug 23, 2011 at 5:47 AM Post #2 of 5
Don't get me wrong, the W4 is certainly amongst the best universals I've heard, but as an avid EDM listener myself, I found it's signature a tad too flat for EDM tracks. Even coupled with the Zo amp, I wasn't all too convinced. The GR07, on the other hand, is much more suitable for said genre IMO, and is, more or less, quite similar to the W4, with better bass impact. No, they're certainly not identical by any means, but to my ears, they share more in common than not. There are definitely other alternatives, but the GR07 would most certainly be my first and foremost recommendation to you my friend, and at less than half the cost of the W4, it certainly won't break the bank! 

As per the W4 and IE8 comparison, refer to my signature my friend. You'll find plenty of information there, which will help deduce whichever one you find more suitable.

Aug 23, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #4 of 5
It's been months time since I've revisited the IE8's, so I'll leave that question to someone who's better able to answer it.
redface.gif

Aug 23, 2011 at 8:02 AM Post #5 of 5
The Sony EX1000 willbe better match for these genres music than Westone 4 because it's uses dome type dynamic drivers. They are amazing to shows hidden details but still dynamic, deep bass impact and fun to listen with wide soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back