SendyAudio Aiva
Feb 18, 2019 at 7:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Whitigir

Member of the Trade: Portable Modder
I had a chance to try out the Aiva at CanjamNYC2019, and this headphones surprised me by a lot. Given that it was never brought into my attentions, and I totally had no clues what it was.

I saw no article dedicated for this wonderful find, so I will leave it here.

The build quality was so beautiful to look at, and screams “Luxury”. It was very lightweight and comfortable to wear. I thought it was a $3,000 price mark headphones whatsoever, given how luxurious of it build quality and it appearance is. It could be the fact that the nowadays common things of great appearances is coming together with $3K pricing ? Like Stellia or Empyrean ?

So, I went on and examined it with a short time auditioning it. With the expectation of something expensive in mind, I was surprised by how well it performed, the bass was with great textures and control, details retrieval, separations and imagine were great, the soundstage was very good. So, right after that short session, I had to ask Musicteck and Andrew about the brand, and the name of it.

I was told of SendyAudio, and I had never heard it before. Even better, it was very well priced! $599 ? I dropped my jaws on the floor for the price-performances-luxurious build quality.

This Aiva here would be recommended by me with confidence that it would bring an excellent entry headphones to experience high performances audio.

It was surprisingly easy to drive, and was very good in synergy with Cayin N8. I am not quite sure if it could scale up with desktop amp, but it performed very well by a portable player. I mistook it at first for being some kind of dynamic driver headphones....but ended up finding out about it as a Planar!

Musicteck is an authorized dealer, and you can find more about it here

*disclaimer* I am not affiliated with either SendyAudio or Musicteck. I am just having the thread up for people to join, discuss the fun and the impressions

CDB3F582-8D7A-4ECB-8990-F2DA108F5178.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #2 of 27
@Whitigir,

Design is nice indeed though not sure it screams luxury but each to their own & at least for my cost estimate before I saw price, I was not far off & within the expected price range of MSRP.

Good specs & technology involved for sure.

Saw this on the musictek website, seems interesting enough though until a demo is possible but highly unlikely given I am not in the US or Europe or remotely near a Canjam (which is very sad :p ) I won't know with any certainty.

Hope you have a great day!

Mar 9, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #3 of 27
This headphone has screwing crazy value, it can simply kick all the other competitors in the similar price range thousands miles away. TBH, I prefer them over hekv2, I hope everyone who read my words get one for themselves before they are sold out or raise their price by $1k(which is still a fair deal for the quality you get) or anything. I mean if this is an Audeze "el-9", "LCD-3.5", or Mrspeakers "Aeon 2" and mark a $1.5k+ on it, no one will complain about the price and give them a thumb up.

Mar 12, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #4 of 27
Just arrived, pairing with Mini Dynalo and my TurnTable. Impression will come later.

The appealing factor is still very luxurious to me the same way that it did when I first encountered it at Canjam. I guess that is because if the anodized aluminum and the full wood housing, of both materials that I appreciate.

It comes with 4.4mm cables into dual 2.5mm into the headphones, and there is a 4.4 female into 3.5m male to use with SE connection.
20190312_134425.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #6 of 27
Those look really nice. Please bring some impressions asap.

Mar 12, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #8 of 27
I wonder how these compare to the Acoustic Research AR-H1.

Mar 12, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #9 of 27
Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #14 of 27
Closed-front volume ? You meant the soundstage ?

I think they mean whether the air pressure between the driver and the ear (when put on the head) is fully sealed, which helps with bass extension.

Mar 20, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #15 of 27
Do the SenyAudio Aiva's have a closed-front volume?

If we're going based off of measurements, they would suggest that it does have a closed-front volume or at least in the second graph below.

SendyAudio Aiva 1.jpg SendyAudio Aiva 2.png

Not my measurements. Both measured on a MiniDSP EARS but show varying responses from about <50 Hz and around 3 kHz to 6.5 kHz. Lots of factors come into play (positioning, QC of the EARS system, compensation file used, etc.). I will be getting a demo unit tomorrow and will also measure on my MiniDSP EARS.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back