Send out today for a pair of OK1
Mar 31, 2009 at 12:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

vhbaske

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, I have tested many brands of earbuds (thanks to eBay) and I am going to stick to the Yuins. I have Etymotic, Shure, Sennheiser, Sleek audio 6 (and don't remember all) and I prefer the Yuin brand. I like the realism of their sound and I see them as more durable than many. A little bit of highs or bass here or there are no arguments to counter the quality of Yuins. Of course, it may be a matter of preference, and you can have your preference, this is no quarrel here. If anyone has a question that I can answer, please continue the thread.

Apr 3, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #3 of 16
I don't have words to describe how awsome are these earbuds. To begin only, the crisp clarity of the music is unbelievable!!! By the way, the Etymotics are very fine, however, you cannot hear BASS in them, Yuin has a natural bass that cannot be ignored for its clarity of punch and the Sleek audio 6 has bass and everything but Yuin is only say, .1 point from being alike in sound quality. I am hearing my Yuins as I write here, and the bass and clarity of Karen Carpenter in my ears is very real.

Apr 3, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #5 of 16
They send you the $10 e1 but I have the PRACTICAL DEVICES XM5 portable headphone amplifier and I use it for all purposes because the device also has a DAC. It is very nice and is almost a miniature with several features I do not see in others more expensive.
Practical Devices Corporation

Apr 3, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #6 of 16
By the way this E3 Fiio is nice for the price but has about half amplification as compared to the more complex ones.

Apr 8, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #7 of 16
I have tested my Yuin OK1 for about 1 week now. I can make some comments about this headphone. WOW! Awesome! If you need me to make long comments please ask me. I find these earphones very bright and clear in their performance. Sure I do mean it. I have Etymotic ER4P, a Sleek Audio 6, Ultimate Ears - Triple Fi 10 PRO, and a few others of less quality. The clarity of the OK1 can rival of these high quality headphones. At least to my ears, and I don't think I am deaf.

Apr 8, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by vhbaske /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... I have Etymotic ER4P, a Sleek Audio 6, Ultimate Ears - Triple Fi 10 PRO, and a few others of less quality. The clarity of the OK1 can rival of these high quality headphones. At least to my ears, and I don't think I am deaf.

WHEN I say "others of less quality" I mean of less quality than all of the mentioned. It could be taken as I said that these brands are of less quality than the OK1, WHICH IS NOT TRUE.

Apr 9, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #9 of 16
It's funny to see someone fighting with himself
biggrin.gif

Oct 17, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #15 of 16
How is the bass on the Ok1's, I know you said you like it better than others.

I have Ok3's and they do sound great, but they are lacking punchy bass, which the Pk3's have.

Anyone else notice this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back