sen aftermarket cable questions
Dec 6, 2006 at 1:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

needmorstuff

100+ Head-Fier
Howdy,

Can owners of aftermarket cables tell me if your cabe has any microphonics please? I have just got a silver dragon v1 and it experiences this problem.

zu
equinox
moon-audio
etc.

Dec 6, 2006 at 2:34 PM Post #2 of 12
zu mobius has microphonics to the nth degree
blink.gif

however there are rumors that they will soon be releasing a new version with significantly reduced microphonics

Dec 8, 2006 at 9:05 AM Post #3 of 12
The Moon-audio Silver Dragon (V1) cable I had was excruciatingly microphonic and stiff. That was the main reason I sold it off. The Zu is reportedly in the same league. Equinox, I have read, is not as bad but can still be to some degree.

If you seek flexibility and non-microphonics, check out cables from Larry (Headphile) and Alex (AK[Zip]). They are amongst the ones I know whose cable products excel in thiese areas.

Cheers!

Dec 8, 2006 at 10:10 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Moon-audio Silver Dragon (V1) cable I had was excruciatingly microphonic and stiff. That was the main reason I sold it off. The Zu is reportedly in the same league. Equinox, I have read, is not as bad but can still be to some degree.

If you seek flexibility and non-microphonics, check out cables from Larry (Headphile) and Alex (AK[Zip]). They are amongst the ones I know whose cable products excel in thiese areas.

Cheers!

I only put the phones on my head for 20 seconds... I just new I would never use that cable again.

I know of Larry at Headphile but whois akzip? a forum member?

I think I am going to try a cardas and see how that is.

I contacted drew at moon-audio about the silver dragon v1, here is his responce.

"Sorry there is no solution for that except not rubbing the cable against things.
Thank You.

Drew Baird

Moon Audio"

Dec 8, 2006 at 12:52 PM Post #5 of 12
Yes, AK[Zip] is member here with a good track record in cablings. I don't think there has been a review of his Senn cable done but I know he has built heaps of Senn cables for peeps. I was originally planning to buy one off him but he has unfortunately increased his price beyond my budget (due to excess demand, I guess). That forced me to move on to the now cheaper Headphile.

I'm not trying to sound cheap but I just am not a big believer in expensive cable, i.e. not worth paying so much for just a subtle difference. But hey, I'm just letting you know your options wrt to flexible and non-microphonic cables.
wink.gif

Cheers!

Dec 8, 2006 at 1:22 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Yes, AK[Zip] is member here with a good track record in cablings. I don't think there has been a review of his Senn cable done but I know he has built heaps of Senn cables for peeps. I was originally planning to buy one off him but he has unfortunately increased his price beyond my budget (due to excess demand, I guess). That forced me to move on to the now cheaper Headphile.

I'm not trying to sound cheap but I just am not a big believer in expensive cable, i.e. not worth paying so much for just a subtle difference. But hey, I'm just letting you know your options wrt to flexible and non-microphonic cables.
wink.gif

Cheers!

AK[zip]'s prices must be farely steap then as even headphiles are too steep for me. The cardas can be had for $140ish and that's fine for me with the weakness of the dollar at the moment. I just hope the cardas doesn't have microphoncs.

Dec 8, 2006 at 3:01 PM Post #7 of 12
Do you guys move around much with your Senns?
It's not a very portable phone is it?

I have a Mobius cable,no problem at all and I've just ordered a
Black Dragon recable for my 701:s at Moon Audio.

Dec 8, 2006 at 8:25 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by needmorstuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AK[zip]'s prices must be farely steap then as even headphiles are too steep for me. The cardas can be had for $140ish and that's fine for me with the weakness of the dollar at the moment. I just hope the cardas doesn't have microphoncs.

The Cardas and Headphile are in the same price range then...

Dec 8, 2006 at 8:26 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by KTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you guys move around much with your Senns?
It's not a very portable phone is it?

I have a Mobius cable,no problem at all and I've just ordered a
Black Dragon recable for my 701:s at Moon Audio.

Neither is the AKG. In fact, it is even less so than the Senns (and you can't even hang it around your neck).

Dec 8, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

The Cardas and Headphile are in the same price range then...

they are in the same range new but I have got a 2nd hand cardas one for $150 - the headphile don't come up for sale that often so my choices are limited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back