Sen 414 pads for grado
Feb 21, 2006 at 4:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

sagrr

Head-Fier
Hello, its been a while since ive posted here, mainly because I've been pretty content with my Grado's. However, I recently lost one of the pads and needed to find a new one. I wanted to know how the sennheiser 414 pads are for grado sr60's, and if i could get them in a color other than yellow, and if not, is there a way to dye them? thanks

Feb 21, 2006 at 6:20 AM Post #3 of 10
Try PMing holeinmywallet. I bought some HD414 pads dyed black from him in the past. Great guy and great service.

Feb 21, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking
I for one LOVE the look of the bright yellow pads on my SR60. It adds to the whole vintage "substance over style" look.

hmm really? i thought they'd look tacky. I AM gonna wear them in school and whatnot... but I guess I'll try them out first, then dye them if need be

Feb 21, 2006 at 11:03 PM Post #6 of 10
yeah, i like the yellow look, too.

i prefer the modded hd414 sound, with the holes cut the same size as the original holes and then "reversed"...i cut the holes using an old tealight candle votive...perfect size.

Feb 22, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #7 of 10
I just received ms-1's in the mail with coin modded hd414 pads today, still trying them out.
My first impression is they're much more comfortable than the comfy pads - softer and eliminates that 'close' feeling that I got from my SR60's.
As for the appearance, (see http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=164143 ) you'll have to be the judge. To me they add to the retro look of Grados.

Feb 22, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarsVolta
I just received ms-1's in the mail with coin modded hd414 pads today, still trying them out.
My first impression is they're much more comfortable than the comfy pads - softer and eliminates that 'close' feeling that I got from my SR60's.
As for the appearance, (see http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=164143 ) you'll have to be the judge. To me they add to the retro look of Grados.

I think you're really going to enjoy them...especially after the first couple days. You really start to identify with the sound.

Feb 22, 2006 at 4:39 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by sagrr
hmm really? i thought they'd look tacky. I AM gonna wear them in school and whatnot... but I guess I'll try them out first, then dye them if need be

Tacky?... never... silly?... probably, yes. I just kind of like that funky retro look. I noticed that sennheiser were making some px100 (excuse me if i misquote the number) recently in the retro black and yellow, and they looked.... super-dooper! I was almost tempted.

Feb 22, 2006 at 5:43 PM Post #10 of 10
It was the PX100 that they made in limited edition with the yellow pads.

I've got the HD414 pads for my MS1 and I think they look cool - definitely keeping them yellow!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back