Semiclosed (dt880) noise leaking
Jan 30, 2007 at 9:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Koolind

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all...

Im just wondering how much noise that is leaking from each headphone compared to each other.
Have tried the DT770 and were impressed over the level of insulation... BUT.. as far as i have read i think the DT880 sound would fit me better... This is as far as i have read Semiclosed... So.. how much noise gets out ? compared to open phones ?

however the level of noise leaking from the phones is somewhat important to my girlfriend who hates my HD600 for be about as loud on the outside as at the inside
wink.gif

Would dt880 Semiclosed do it for me or will i need some Closed cans ?

Jan 30, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #2 of 6
Sound leaks out of DT880, but not as much as full-open like Grado. Dunno how much HD600 leaks, so cannot compare it to that one.

Jan 30, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #3 of 6
Your girlfriend will be as angry as with the HD600 i'm afraid.

Although they are called semi-open, consider them open.

If you want a drastic improvement, you have to go closed i'm afraid

Jan 30, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhymesgalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your girlfriend will be as angry as with the HD600 i'm afraid.

Although they are called semi-open, consider them open.

If you want a drastic improvement, you have to go closed i'm afraid

ah... yea i was afraid of that... But the 770's also have a cool bass kick-sound or what you will call it...
Or maybe some AKG 271 ? in the pdf-review http://home.arcor.de/tao47/15%20Clos...%20Reviews.pdf it sounds like the AKG 271's would also get a lovely sound, but rather different from the DT's i guess...

Jan 30, 2007 at 9:56 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sound leaks out of DT880, but not as much as full-open like Grado. Dunno how much HD600 leaks, so cannot compare it to that one.

well if you put the ear up against the metal grills the sound is about as loud as at the inside.. completely open i would say...

Jan 30, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koolind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well if you put the ear up against the metal grills the sound is about as loud as at the inside.. completely open i would say...

Then its wide open, atleast in treble region.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back