Semi upset at headroom
Aug 21, 2005 at 3:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

patrox89

100+ Head-Fier
so i oredered my micro amp 16 days ago and the backorder estimate was ~4-8 weeks, but then i got an email saying that there was a problem processing my credit card info only yesterday. By the time i checked my email on my lunch break, headroom had closed for the weekend and i was left wondering what the deal was. Any ideas what the email might mean and why it took 15 days to process credit card info?

If my amp is ready to ship out and i just got an email 52 minutes before they close for the weekend i will be very frustrated
confused.gif

Aug 21, 2005 at 3:09 AM Post #2 of 7
Hi patrox89,

Just a guess, normally the credit card is not billed until they have the product read to ship to you. In the past experience buying product with cc, (books, cd's or headphones) it's always been the case.

So that could possibly means that you are getting your Headroom Micro Amp next week... however, that's purely speculation.

Overlunge

Aug 21, 2005 at 3:09 AM Post #3 of 7
They only charge your credit card when the order is about to ship out. Maybe the security algorithm at the credit card issuer flagged a condition that requires manual authorization from you, or there was a discrepancy in your info. Either way, don't sweat these small things, I'm sure it will be sorted out.

Aug 21, 2005 at 3:10 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by patrox89
so i oredered my micro amp 16 days ago and the backorder estimate was ~4-8 weeks, but then i got an email saying that there was a problem processing my credit card info only yesterday. By the time i checked my email on my lunch break, headroom had closed for the weekend and i was left wondering what the deal was. Any ideas what the email might mean and why it took 15 days to process credit card info?

If my amp is ready to ship out and i just got an email 52 minutes before they close for the weekend i will be very frustrated
confused.gif

I would guess that they would wait until they can ship before they would run your CC. That is why you are only hearing about it now. As for the rest, I don't know. Maybe they didn't consider how anxious some of us get over our audio stuff!

I'm sure they will do their best to make it right.

Aug 21, 2005 at 3:33 AM Post #5 of 7
I hope I don't come off as a complete ass for saying this, but if there's a problem with your credit card, why are you even a bit upset with HeadRoom? That seems a lot more of a problem on your end than theirs, don't you think?

Furthermore, you said that the back-log was 4-8 weeks, but you're getting upset because your order might potentially be delayed two or three days, instead of 2-6 more weeks? Because of a problem with your credit card?

Again, I don't mean to be a jerk about this, but threads like this bug me. You have next to no information about what's going on right now. You haven't talked to anyone at HeadRoom about the status of your order. All you really know is that you've received a message informing you that there's a problem with your credit card, well ahead of when you were promised the amp.

So naturally, you're ticked at HeadRoom for calling shortly before closing for the weekend, to resolve a problem with your credit card, because it might be delaying the receipt of your order by a couple of days...the same order that you were expecting to wait another 2 to 6 weeks to receive? Or, in the alternative, because you can't call right away to straighten out the problem with your credit card on an amp that you're not going to receive for another 2 to 6 weeks??

What exactly is it that you're semi-upset at HeadRoom about again? I've got not the first clue why you even felt the need to post this.

Aug 21, 2005 at 3:43 AM Post #6 of 7
im upset that they wouldnt contact me alittle earlier, as i had no opportunity to contact them on friday because of such a small window of time in between the email and the time they close.

and no offense taken - i may come off as somewhat of an ass, im anxious and tireddd.

also, its only the second thing ive bought all summer, and its the first time ive had a job, so im a little edgy when it comes to my money.

dont get me wrong, im ecstatic that they will probably be coming next week, its just extremely frustrating the way that this all happened. its like they put it right in front of me and then put it out of reach again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back