Semi-Poll: What's your job?
Aug 24, 2006 at 1:51 PM Post #106 of 176
Currently my primary occupation is medical school. 1 year done, 4,5 to go...

I didn't work this summer, but will do it next year, I might find some minor small things to do during the terms as well. It is not like I felt particularily challenged last year, heck, as usual in school I rather tended to suffer from a lack of stimulation. (Of a bizarre reason I was nr 1 and 2 out of 90 on the two toughest exams last year but only slightly above average on the two easy ones, go figure
rolleyes.gif
)

Something that seems interesting for next summer is doing some work in the research groups on the university. It might be both interesting and pay relatively well.

Aug 24, 2006 at 2:19 PM Post #107 of 176
i'm a male supermodel.

Aug 24, 2006 at 2:37 PM Post #108 of 176
Undergraduate student, soon to [hopefully] be medical student...

Aug 24, 2006 at 2:38 PM Post #109 of 176
Intern at an entrepreneurship center in Chicago... for the summer.

Then, it's back to the number 1 academic experience in the world at the University of Chicago! Whoo! Our ranking went up 6 places!

Aug 24, 2006 at 2:56 PM Post #111 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by mb3k
Unemployed! Just finished up my job at an electrical engg (oil & gas related) company doing CAD.
For my on-season, I'm a full time student at the UofCalgary in electrical engineering.

it sounds like time to send a resume to CDCADMan!
wink.gif

Aug 24, 2006 at 6:36 PM Post #115 of 176
I currently work in search marketing at a pretty big ad agency...but after a recent talk with the boss it looks like I might become something along the lines of an 'Emerging Media Strategist' soon. I'll be the guy who figures out how to taint all the blue-sky Web 2.0 optimism with money-making capitolism, and get a raise in the process!
biggrin.gif

I'm actually pretty happy about the change. Even though search is white hot right now, emerging media includes search, as well as social networks, RSS, podcasts, blogs, etc. That's exactly what I'm in to so it's a perfect fit.

--Illah

Aug 24, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #117 of 176
High school student with no job.. However, currently interning at the Bank of NY.

Aug 24, 2006 at 7:50 PM Post #118 of 176
for the last 7 years, i've been working as a professional seat warmer/seat cushion crusher for a large software company in redmond washington.
wink.gif

Aug 24, 2006 at 8:10 PM Post #119 of 176
Besides being a BF2 player and Ice hockey nut I am a professional bum (i.e retired)

KenW>You were in the Air force? I knew you were a dental doctor of sorts but I find intriguing you were in the air force. How come you left it?

Aug 24, 2006 at 8:13 PM Post #120 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
for the last 7 years, i've been working as a professional seat warmer/seat cushion crusher for a large software company in redmond washington.
wink.gif

I thought you got that promotion to blends-in-with-office-furniture?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back