Selling PureDAC, PureUSB, HE-6, and possibly Sennheiser IE800
Jan 23, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #16 of 26
Just picked up a pair of The Abyss but too chicken to try speaker taps ; ). The Cavalli Liquid Carbon does a pretty good job at driving them but they do need some more power. I have a late 70’s NAD receiver that I’m tempted on trying but will have it serviced before I try it.

Congrats...let us know what "End-Game" sounds like!

@Hansotek swears by Wells amps for the Abyss.I know that the Rogue Audio headphone amp was built to specifically drive the Abyss....(Big $$$$) Ive heard neither,nor The Abyss for any extended time...I'm jealous!

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #17 of 26
Just picked up a pair of The Abyss but too chicken to try speaker taps ; ). The Cavalli Liquid Carbon does a pretty good job at driving them but they do need some more power. I have a late 70’s NAD receiver that I’m tempted on trying but will have it serviced before I try it.

Man, you've got a lot of stuff! Are you really Rob Zombie? That zombie picture you posted looked like it was from that Italian movie where a corpse battles a shark. That's the only zombie that tops the teleporting ones from the other Italian movie.

For me, the gold silver tamed the treble. Copper was too piercing. And yup, they're balanced!

Jan 23, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #18 of 26
Congrats...let us know what "End-Game" sounds like!

@Hansotek swears by Wells amps for the Abyss.I know that the Rogue Audio headphone amp was built to specifically drive the Abyss....(Big $$$$) Ive heard neither,nor The Abyss for any extended time...I'm jealous!
He actually had a Cavalli amp not for sure which one that I heard first before he got the Milo which I also heard and it is on the short list for sure. I made him a balanced to 1/4 in adapter with 50 ohm resistors as he was doing impedance test on his ZMF Eikons or Atticus can’t remember which . Well I got lucky and picked them up for 2k without the stand and leather carry case but who cares about that?

Jan 23, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #19 of 26
Most likely the Atticus,such an amp picky headphone it tis...

$2,000 for an Abyss?|? Now im extra jealous!

Jan 23, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #20 of 26
That zombie picture you posted looked like it was from that Italian movie where a corpse battles a shark. That's the only zombie that tops the teleporting ones from the other Italian movie.

Teleporting zombies you say?!? I missed that one!

Jan 23, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #22 of 26
Jan 23, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #24 of 26
Might be worth $2 on a Saturday afternoon.

Jan 23, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #25 of 26
Might be worth $2 on a Saturday afternoon.

Nah man Italian zombi flicks are the BEST!!!!

I think Ive seen the City of the Living Dead,but I dont remember it....need to give it a day in court!

Jan 24, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #26 of 26
Just might I like zombie flicks and any thing SciFi real keen on 50and 60’s stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back