Selling my rig, suggestions for a new one?
Mar 2, 2008 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

jgonino

Headphoneus Supremus
I am selling all of my current rig, save the JVC DX1000. I am going to start from scratch.

My current new rig Idea is this:

NAD or Music Hall CDP

New amp?

Audio Technica AD2000

Mar 3, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #2 of 16
What exactly is wrong with your current setup?

Mar 3, 2008 at 12:16 AM Post #3 of 16
Not a lot. I am getting rid of the transport/DAC thing to make way for a good CDP.

Also, I really wanted to try the AD2000 anyways, so I figured If I was selling everything else, throw the amp in too.

I like to try lots of different things.

Mar 3, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #5 of 16
SP extreme (alt. Zana Deux), Cambridge 840c, Untrasone Ed. 9s.

This is a wish list right? I've not heard 3 of 4.

Mar 3, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #6 of 16
Ok. I am going to use the money I get from the stuff I sell to buy this stuff, so no, it is not a wish list. I am looking at about $540 for the AD2000 and $800 split between the CDP and amp.

Mar 3, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #7 of 16
I noticed all the gear for sale in your sig and was worried you were selling because of financial trouble.

Unfortunately, you know my experience is VERY slim. Good luck on your journey, sir.

Nylan

Mar 3, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #8 of 16
I am currently jobless, however, I keep all of the money for this hobby seperate, so I will still be getting new gear. I actually have an interview tomorrow for a great new job. Wish me luck

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:04 AM Post #9 of 16
Then I wish you the best of luck in your prospects for this great new job.

I'd stand pat until you can get what you want. Looks like you have some pretty good gear. If not, perhaps a pico and computer as source.

Mar 3, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #10 of 16
What about an electrostatic systems?
Something different, which I am quite sure you will enjoy.
wink.gif

Mar 4, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #13 of 16
Saw you were considering a Music Hall for a CDP. FWIW, I really enjoy mine. It's easily upgraded via the socketed opamps and I found an aftermarket power cord upgrade to give significant results.

But here's a thought,

Why not go vinyl???

Mar 4, 2008 at 5:05 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How did the interview go?

the interview went well. I am looking for a call-back tomorrow, and a possible third interview, after which I will potentilly get an offer.

Wish me Luck!

As for the CDP, I think I now leaning towards the NAD that I see listed in the FS forum. It really all depends on how fast I sell all of the stuff in my sig, want any
tongue.gif
? Willing to give a BIG price break on the PPX, as well as for combo deals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back