Seller's remorse...?
May 20, 2006 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

MdRex

1000+ Head-Fier
I was putting my MS1 for sale in another forum, then when I take it out of the cupboard to take some pics and post it on the FS thread, I realise that I felt really sad that the MS1 may leave me for another owner. So I withdrew the sales... I don't understand myself anymore... How can someone be emotionally attached to a headphone...
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

May 20, 2006 at 4:23 PM Post #3 of 14
i'm the same way. if i've enjoyed something, such as a great pair of headphones, i have a hard time letting go. sometimes it doesn't make much sense to keep them around as they don't get used as much but i am still not able to let them go.

May 20, 2006 at 4:43 PM Post #6 of 14
I sold my RS-1 a while back. It was a bit sad to see it go as it was my first real high-end bit of kit. However, the e5c that I bought with the money makes the pain easier to bear.

On the evening I was about to dispatch them, I had some alone-time with one last CD, but other than that, life has to move on.

May 20, 2006 at 5:34 PM Post #8 of 14
When I had the K701's and returned them to Todd (I later decided I couldn't afford the $300), I was really unhappy. Even though the Stax sound very similar, and I could spend the $300 on things I wanted more, I still didn't want to have to ship them away.
frown.gif

May 20, 2006 at 5:51 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by MdRex
I was putting my MS1 for sale in another forum, then when I take it out of the cupboard to take some pics and post it on the FS thread, I realise that I felt really sad that the MS1 may leave me for another owner. So I withdrew the sales... I don't understand myself anymore... How can someone be emotionally attached to a headphone...
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

Uh Huh! MdRex; so that's how you are!??

Get me all excited about sending MY MS-1s to Larry for a new set of wooden clothes, then turn around and even think about selling yours!!

mad.gif

Unthinkable!
tongue.gif

I'm so emotionally attached to my MS-1s that I can't even imagine relagating them to portable status!!

.....selling them would be totally out of the question!!

They keep saying: "We're not worthy; we're not worthy!"

Then they say: "But if we're gonna be your primary(and only)set of cans, we should at least LOOK GOOD!"
rs1smile.gif

EDIT: But since "I" think they're worthy, I get the majority vote!!

May 20, 2006 at 9:24 PM Post #11 of 14
I recently traded off my first Head-Fi-induced headphone purchase, the K271S.

No seller's remorse over them. I thought they were amazing when I first got them, until I got the K701 and DT880. Then when I went back to listen to them, it was like
eek.gif
I could no longer listen to the K271S, the double-team of the K701 and DT880 converted me to a higher religion!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back