Sell um2,buy e4 = Less soundstage ?
Jul 25, 2005 at 12:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tayano

100+ Head-Fier
I'm thinking of selling my um2 and try the new e4.
I know that e4 has less bass,slightly forward in the midrange and great highs,more detalied overal.
Um2 offer great bass,good mids and highs that need to be EQued.

I only use um2 with biflangels and EQ otherwise they are too bassy.

Many people prefer e4 to er-4,e5c and um2 and that's why I want to try them to.

I wonder if the soundstage of e4 is much smaller than um2/e5c?

I not to concern of e4's lackage of bass since I can EQ them and I think that they are easy to EQ like the other shures,right ?

Jul 25, 2005 at 12:27 PM Post #3 of 5
Well dispite the smaller soundstage of the E4, when I tried to switch back to the E5 for a while earlier, I just couldn't do it... I made it through two songs and the whole time I was thinking "the E4 is so much more balanced with better detail".
blink.gif

Jul 25, 2005 at 12:58 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
Well dispite the smaller soundstage of the E4, when I tried to switch back to the E5 for a while earlier, I just couldn't do it... I made it through two songs and the whole time I was thinking "the E4 is so much more balanced with better detail".
blink.gif

great,but is the soundsage much smaller ?. Could you live with soundstage of e4 if it sounded like e5c . I mean if you don't pay much attention to the advantages of e4,would you still keep it or would you dislike it becasue of the small soundstage.

Jul 25, 2005 at 9:26 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by elephantman
why dont u buy them from shure website, they offer 30 days return right?

Since we are a US company the 30-day policy only applies when bought in the US. We don't ship direct outside of the US, so any other policies would be through the dealer and not Shure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back