Sell HD650 and SR325is and get RS1is, or no?
Jan 23, 2012 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

I3eyond

500+ Head-Fier
I absolutely love my new SR325is, I haven't picked up my HD650s up in what's going on one week.

I've considered selling both my HD650 and SR325is and picking up a pair of Grado RS1is.

Though, I myself said here on the forums "Certain music is just meant to be heard with Grado...."

The key phrase in that sentence, though, is "certain music".

Will I miss that Sennheiser sound if I only have the RS1is....

...or will I be so captivated by the RS1is' sound that I won't care?

Jan 23, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #2 of 2
I have been down this exact road and ended up not liking the RS-1i as much due to cost, comfort, and no huge leap in gain as far as the sound signature went.  I did sell my HD-650 because I could no longer stand the ultra laid back sound.  It always sounds like I am hearing music through a pillow.  I went for a pair of Denon AH-D2000 which I still have and then went to a pair of Beyer DT990 ( 250 Ohm ) to get that open headphone sound.  I can honestly say I do not miss the HD-650 nor the discomfort of those Grado bowl pads.

I say sell the HD-650 and keep the 325i.

Here is the chart comparing the basic frequency response curve of both the RS-1i and 325i.  I simply could not justify paying that much more for no gain in the FR.  I really did not like the look of the wood finish and using a wood that is not known for its acoustic ability boggles the mind.

http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=293&graphID[]=383

Users who are viewing this thread

Back