Sell HD600s?
Jun 15, 2008 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

c-record

New Head-Fier
I bought some to try on my new Glow Amp One and so far greatly prefer the sound of my 701s on said amp.

I'm planning on a portable-probably Meier 2Move. Any opinions on keeping the HDs to run on the 2Move for when I'm not at my desk and for road-trips etc.?

Jun 16, 2008 at 2:42 PM Post #2 of 7
No thoughts on a Sennheiser HD600 on a Corda 2Move? Anyone?
confused.gif

Jun 16, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #3 of 7
I think if you wanna go portable, then a PK1 might be more suitable than a HD600. I tried both of them on my Move, and the bass of the PK1 is nearly as deep as the HD600 (but not as rounded, though only a tiny bit less). But its size is considerably smaller
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #4 of 7
I can't comment on the Move, but I own a pair of HD580s (essentially the same as your 600s), and while I want a brighter pair of phones (701s?), I wouldn't give up the 580s for anything. They are warm, smooth, soothing and present some music (acoustic ensemble jazz comes to mind) so beautifully I just couldn't give them up.

Tim

Jun 16, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #5 of 7
Since you're planning on ordering the 2Move anyway, just hang onto them and find out for yourself. You'll like the combo or not, and your opinion is the only one that matters at the end of the day.

Jun 17, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #6 of 7
Thanks for the inputs. I have some K271S for portable as well. I bought the HD600 to try on a new home amp I got and don't really like it as well as my 701. I'm wondering if the 2Move would give me a place to make use of the HD600 vs. selling them?

confused.gif

Jun 17, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #7 of 7
Just my 2 cents since I happened to click here -- The HD600 is hard to drive and doesn't really come alive unless you throw a good amount of power at it, or you have a well synergized setup. Generally, this is not a good portable headphone, really, it's quite the opposite. To me, the HD6x0 headphone is a High-End headphone masked as a Mid-Fi phone until it's opened up with the right associate electronics. It may not be worth your while if you aren't really gripped by their signature to begin with.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back