Selig is Wrong (As Usual), And "Fox" Has to Go.
Oct 9, 2002 at 1:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

williamgoody

Banned
Go Twins, that's all I have to say as far as that moron Bud Selig is concerned.
And what is this that Fox is televising both games of the Championship tomorrow....AT THE SAME TIME! I really don't believe this. There are fans that would like to watch both games.
Not one game was played at the same time as another during the Divisional Series, now with only two games they can't handle it?
Rediculous.
At least Hockey starts tomorow.

Oct 9, 2002 at 2:17 AM Post #2 of 7
I also can't believe this!
Whats wrong with showing a game at 4PM?
(I know, its the almighty ratings dollar. Fox can charge more for primetime adds than 4PM adds)
What a slap in the face for baseball!
mad.gif

Oct 9, 2002 at 2:32 AM Post #3 of 7
Bootman. I still don't think it makes sense. No doubt that's why they're doing this, but don't you think they'd make even more by having two nationally televised games instead of two "regional" games going on in prime time?
Did you hear Steve Lyons extolling the fact they were on at the same time, and how much fun it would be if you "had a clicker" on your remote and could bounce back and forth between games?
What a schmuk.

Oct 9, 2002 at 4:14 AM Post #4 of 7
I don't like any of the Fox 'color commentators' , especially McCarver. They really don't have much meaningful to say, just occasional random silly comments.

I also don't like how Fox adds sound effects to runners sliding into bases. huh? But what else would you expect from the network that broadcasted a program on how the moon landing could've been fixed.

When I watch the Giants games on FOX, I turn down the sound and turn on the local radio broadcast, not for the home team bias, but because they have much more informative announcers imo, especially Krukow.

Oct 9, 2002 at 5:33 AM Post #5 of 7
The baserunner sounds aren't added in. They actually put microphones in the bases.
But they do add crowd noises, a'la the laugh track. Just watch to see if there is ever a crowd shot when the visiting team does something big. But the crowd sure will be cheering.

Oct 9, 2002 at 5:48 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by SBomm
The baserunner sounds aren't added in. They actually put microphones in the bases.

It sounds like someone stumbling after tearing an envelope. Gimicks. I just hope they don't resort to a 'glowing baseball'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back