Seinnheiser HD 598 + Fiio E11 + Creative Xifi titanium
Apr 5, 2013 at 11:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

t2r4ne

New Head-Fier
Basically the title says it all. I have the headphones and the soundcard already, im thinking about buying the Fiio E11 to really crank up the bass. I was rather disappointed with the lows on these headphones (just got them today) but any who, Im not really an audiophile and no audio expert whatssoever. 

The headphones are great for gaming but i also listened to a lot of dubstep, trance, house.. etc.. and a bit of hip-hop on my PC and i need that bass! ... Is the Fiio E11 enough to really improve my experience? or do i also need like a DAC also ??.. I read that the E16 (E7+E9) combo was best fit for it but that was before the Fiio E11 came out.

Any help would be appreciated guys! Im very new at this :)

PS: I might change my sound-card also in the future when i have the money soo basically im taking also that into consideration. 

Apr 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Basically the title says it all. I have the headphones and the soundcard already, im thinking about buying the Fiio E11 to really crank up the bass. I was rather disappointed with the lows on these headphones (just got them today) but any who, Im not really an audiophile and no audio expert whatssoever. 

The headphones are great for gaming but i also listened to a lot of dubstep, trance, house.. etc.. and a bit of hip-hop on my PC and i need that bass! ... Is the Fiio E11 enough to really improve my experience? or do i also need like a DAC also ??.. I read that the E16 (E7+E9) combo was best fit for it but that was before the Fiio E11 came out.

Any help would be appreciated guys! Im very new at this :)

PS: I might change my sound-card also in the future when i have the money soo basically im taking also that into consideration. 

I don't think you'll get the kind of bass that's *really good* for dubstep/hip hop or any bassy music in general even with amp/dac.

I'd use the money you plan on spending on your amp/dac on a closed-back headphone. Creative Aurvana Live's (CALs) are good bass cans at that e11 price ($60-$70). Some Best Buys will have em out for demo.. good luck bro.

Apr 12, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #3 of 4
^ HD598 wasn't made for those genres. Even with an amp, they will lack bass for hip hop music. Start listening to classical
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #4 of 4
I would just EQ that bass in there. you got a nice sound card and I assume it has a built in headphone amp.

just get foobar and run it in wasapi mode, and then use electric q equalizer. got to download both plugins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back