Segway Killer
Sep 25, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Segway Killer

This is awesome, c'mon honda start mass producing them. It's small, easy to carry unlike segway.

Not sure Segway ever had enough marketshare to be worth killing.
biggrin.gif

The other issue is that most of the Segways (and 3 wheeled Segway like objects) I've seen have been used by security or police who require the higher viewing position that the Segway provides. Not sure a stool like object is going to cut it for them.

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure Segway ever had enough marketshare to be worth killing.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I thought the Segway was sortof DOA. That thing looks worse to me, just my opinion, but I would never consider using anything like that unless I had some sort of serious physical disability.

Sep 25, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #6 of 11
It would be funny to see a mall cop do a chase on one.

Sep 25, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #7 of 11
Integrate a toilet into that thing and I'm the third in line.

Sep 26, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #9 of 11
I live in Seattle, let see if I see them like the Segway Downtown.

Sep 26, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftyGorilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... I would never consider using anything like that unless I had some sort of serious physical disability.

Which is pretty much what the Honda thing is designed for. Japan's getting much older and tech like this is designed to give the old and infirm some level of independence as their bodies start failing them. Same with the Honda leg assist devices.

Amusingly enough, America is also making strides in the the leg assist (ex: LMC HULC) arena. The purpose is a bit different though...

Sep 26, 2009 at 1:20 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amusingly enough, America is also making strides in the the leg assist (ex: LMC HULC) arena. The purpose is a bit different though...

Okay, then I would be very enthusiastic about using something like that if I were humping 100 pounds of gear across mountaintops while guys in street clothes were trying to kill me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back