**Seen an head-amp like this one before?**
Oct 11, 2008 at 6:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

cxin0907

New Head-Fier
ksc75smile.gif
A very goooood driver for AKGs (I ve only got AKG in hand now).

I love it!

Actually once I have posted these pics in other forums~~

Oct 11, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #2 of 13
yup I've seen that amp before, in fact I'm sure everyone has since theres plenty of talk about them
tongue.gif
, but nice pics
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 11, 2008 at 6:16 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caution /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yup I've seen that amp before, in fact I'm sure everyone has since theres plenty of talk about them
tongue.gif
, but nice pics
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you so ~~ as a new comer, I m so ignorant of what's happened here in Head-Fi.

Some problems~~ Thanks for anyone's coming to help ..

What do u guys name this little thing (Mine was said 2 be a prototype...)? How much is one? Where can I buy another one for my roomates ?
wink_face.gif

Oct 11, 2008 at 7:24 AM Post #4 of 13
No, I don't recall having seen an head-amp like that one before...

Welcome to Head-Fi!
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2008 at 8:13 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What AKGs mate so well with the mystery amp?

regular_smile .gif

It isnt mystery anymore. Now there is a dedicated designer simply wanto bring it to light, I think. But I just havent met an amp like mine now in HF. I m too new here, hoho.

Oct 11, 2008 at 8:15 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, I don't recall having seen an head-amp like that one before...

Welcome to Head-Fi!
biggrin.gif

Merci~ it could be a very enjoyable experience stayin' here.
icon10.gif

Oct 11, 2008 at 9:57 AM Post #10 of 13
Looks exactly like an EF1 to me. The blue LED, heatsink, caps, tube, transparent cover - are all in the right place. Can you take more pics? (particularly of the front and rear panels, and a more detailed picture of the circuit board)

Oct 11, 2008 at 11:58 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by roxxor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks exactly like an EF1 to me. The blue LED, heatsink, caps, tube, transparent cover - are all in the right place. Can you take more pics? (particularly of the front and rear panels, and a more detailed picture of the circuit board)

yeah, it's a pretty masterpiece, tough tiny but capable of providing naturally comfortable 'power' for headphones & earphones. I took these pics with a Canon EOS camera some time ago. Now I dont have it. Maybe next time I'll get you guys some more shots of this thing. I just want it to look great.
beyersmile.png

Oct 11, 2008 at 12:40 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by roxxor /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The prototype of EF1 was pre-released (only 10 pcs) in China with the name "X-numen neo" earlier 2008. The design seemed to be very reliable because there is no defective amp so far. Sound signature of EF1 is totally different from the prototype because we have improved the sound three times after the prototype finished.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Oct 11, 2008 at 1:09 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The prototype of EF1 was pre-released (only 10 pcs) in China with the name "X-numen neo" earlier 2008. The design seemed to be very reliable because there is no defective amp so far. Sound signature of EF1 is totally different from the prototype because we have improved the sound three times after the prototype finished.

I m happy to hear that~
I havent yet got the chance to check with EF1 but I m I find my amp excellent in many aspects LoL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back