Seeking recommendations on a solid state balanced desktop amp (only) for my Beyer T1's under 1K
May 1, 2016 at 3:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

PUGSTUB

500+ Head-Fier
Have Beyerdynamic T1's and love them.  Want an amp (solid state with balanced headphone jack) under $1k for best sound (new or used).  Thanks for the help and recommendations.  I have been out of the headphone scene for a while

May 1, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #2 of 8
  Have Beyerdynamic T1's and love them.  Want an amp (solid state with balanced headphone jack) under $1k for best sound (new or used).  Thanks for the help and recommendations.  I have been out of the headphone scene for a while

Owned T1s for two years(recently traded them away) and they always sounded harsh on solid state amps....tubes on the other hand made it very nice.

If solid state is your preferred type of amp thats cool,but just telling you my experiences with them...YMMV

May 1, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #3 of 8
Audio-GD makes killer amps.

Jun 3, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #7 of 8
The Matrix Audio HPA-3U I think its called is awesome bang for your buck. I have run the T1's balanced through that amp and they sound wonderfull and whats better its under $500 . Only reason I moved on is I just got a Schiit Mjolner 2 which takes it up another level again. But hey its also under 1k and its solid state and tube and sound incredible with the T'1s also in balanced. Good luck let us know how you get on.

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #8 of 8
Well, I have the Ragnarok.  Let me say first off, with my T1's in balanced mode, they sound incredible.  Better than I have ever heard them sound before.  But as a speaker amp, with my KEF LS-50s, my McCormack is a little better.  It seems to tame spikes somewhat so piano strikes are not as harsh as on the Ragnarok at loud volume levels.  It also plays louder than the Ragnarok and has more depth and better sound staging.  But it is still pretty close.  I am hoping when things settle in, the speaker amp will open up a little more and smooth out just a bit.  We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back