Seeking recommendations for wired headphones with integrated volume controls
Jul 27, 2020 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Involute

New Head-Fier
I'm only a casual listener, and then mostly to games, movies, and other video sources; little dedicated music. Price should be < $200. In jumping around from source to source the volume can vary a lot, so I'd prefer integrated volume controls over adjusting the volume through Windows. The current build of Win10 has a bug in the Bluetooth driver that makes BT headphones unreliable on many machines (including mine), hence the need for a wired connection. I guess I don't care if it's USB or analog (both jacks are available on the front of my desktop PC next to wear I sit), but the headphones should be on-ear or over-ear. Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #2 of 6
Used or new?

Open or close backed?

Jul 27, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #4 of 6
There ya go.

https://www.hyperxgaming.com/unitedstates/us/headsets/cloud-orbit-gaming-headset

Absolute best value for money for what you're looking to do. Basically a rebranded Audeze Mobius minus Bluetooth at half the price. Normally $250-300, on sale currently for $210 direct.

If budget can be stretched I'd recommend the Orbit S at $250. Adds head tracking and some positional audio stuff you may be interested in for gaming.

Edit: volume control on the headphones, didn't realize. So yep. There ya go.

Swing for the Orbit S, don't think you'll regret it.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 11:05 PM Post #6 of 6
Not personally, but I know a couple people that have them and love them. I've listened to a few other Audeze models and been impressed, though. To be fair they were higher end, but it's their tech in the Orbit / S.

I'd you're willing to go used maybe put up a WTB thread on the headphones FS/FT forum here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back