Seeking phones suitable for commuting/working all day
Sep 30, 2015 at 7:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

AberrantWolf

New Head-Fier
I commute in Tokyo to work every day (~50 minutes each way, including riding trains) and then work 9 hours in a small, open office where people talk and we have 3D printers and cleaning machines and meetings going on all day. I need good headphones.

Price range is up to $550, but I'd like to keep it under $400 if I can.

On some level I prefer cans to in-ear, because cans let my coworkers know that I can't hear them, so they have to get my attention visually or physically. But I know they aren't the best for noise isolation.

Also, I need something that is comfortable. I will often get headaches from having headphones on my head and ears all day.

I'm totally willing to spend extra on a decent amp (I currently have a FiiO portable amp -- the Mont Blanc) for on the go. So please don't count the cost of an amp when considering my price range.

Sorry to post yet another request for advice, but there's almost too much information on different headsets, and I'm hoping that by listing some of my specific concern,s someone may already know what they would recommend for my use case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back