Seeking multi driver IEM amp suggestions
Apr 2, 2020 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Supremevegbeef

Head-Fier
What would one look for an IEM only amp which is safe for multi driver and BA iems (low output impedance)?

I feel like I having trouble finding something that can offer small enough output power to be of use on my IEMs. even with my Zishan Z3, I can’t go above 16 / 100 without being too loud for comfort.

it seems like most amps cater towards headphones that need more power and I am currently using a Fiio Fujiyama which is not the nicest thing I feel I could be using for my needs.
I don’t hate it I just want to know what else I have for options and after reading every thread on the top 2 pages of portable amps forum here I feel like the only one that looks appealing for my needs (headstage arrow) is from 2010 and not made anymore so I was sad that there was a thread on it that seemed so active.

Apr 2, 2020 at 4:15 AM Post #2 of 4
Home? On the go? What kind of source?

Apr 2, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #3 of 4
What would one look for an IEM only amp which is safe for multi driver and BA iems (low output impedance)?

I feel like I having trouble finding something that can offer small enough output power to be of use on my IEMs. even with my Zishan Z3, I can’t go above 16 / 100 without being too loud for comfort.

You need either a very low gain like on old Meier amps, or as they do now on the desktop amps, a digital volume control.

Besides it's not really a problem how far you get on the volume setting so long as the output is even on both sides. Meier's old amps used really low low gain settings just to make sure the volume knob gets past that part of the range, then they didn't need to do this when the potentiometer is digital since it's even throughout the whole range.

it seems like most amps cater towards headphones that need more power and I am currently using a Fiio Fujiyama which is not the nicest thing I feel I could be using for my needs.

I'll put it this way.

It's easier to find a turbo or supercharger kit for a sedan or coupe or roadster that at minimum registers at 2000lbs than for a bike weighing 500lbs or a Lotus Seven weighing 1200lbs.

That said it's easier to find an amp that works with IEMs. Like the Meier Corda PCStep.

For reference my 120dB/1mW 32ohm Aurisonics ASG-1.3 and 117dB/1mW Westone2 have no problems running on my Ibasso D-Zero.

I don’t hate it I just want to know what else I have for options and after reading every thread on the top 2 pages of portable amps forum here I feel like the only one that looks appealing for my needs (headstage arrow) is from 2010 and not made anymore so I was sad that there was a thread on it that seemed so active.

Yeah but in terms of mechanical engineering this is like trying to supercharge a Hayabusa just to beat an H-2R so now you need really wide tyres just to grip the road when you launch and then you need a longer swingarm too just to keep it stable but then that screws up handling agility even more...

I mean when I use my D-Zero on my IEMs it's not about power, it's about control, since some mainstream devices I haveon the go can have high output impedance, low damping factor, high noise levels, etc. This isn't about putting on a turbo on a bike, but getting a totally different bike altogether that has good tyres out of the factory along with a good chassis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back