Seeking info about physical comparison of KOSS Portapro and KOSS KSC75 drivers
Mar 10, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #31 of 33
  To say "enclosure" with many of these models is not quite accurate. The ear-clip models and the PortaPro/SportaPro the drivers are not  enclosed at all. They just snap onto the ear-slips or headband. The headbands cover the backside of the driver but they are open other than that.

Now, the KTX Pro appears to be more like the Mac-5 where the driver sits inside of a small ear cup. Though the Mac-5 design has more space around the driver inside of the cup since the cup is oblong.

I should have said enclosure/frame. You know what I meant.

Mar 10, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #32 of 33
I just looked up some video about the KTX Pro.

The videos help give me a better idea of their size. In photos it looks like the ear cups are not much bigger than the drivers themselves.

It looks as if the cups are at least a quarter inch larger than the driver, The Mac-5 design is is oblong which still makes the cups slightly larger than the KTX-Pro1.

This reinforces my thought that the KTX-Pro 1 is the replacement of the MAC-5.

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #33 of 33
I have decided to hold off on getting the KSC75s for the time being.

Partly because the Koss headphones I want to "revamp" with the drivers don't seem to buzz all the time. So, buying new headphones just to swap the drivers seems a bit much.

I am thinking of getting a pair of KTX-Pros at some point largely because I have the replacement ear pads that I bought for my current Koss headphones that don't work with anything I have.

A Kiss representative told me that they were the ear pads I needed because the drivers were the same. The problem is that the pads don;t go over the drivers on my headphones like they dod the KTX-Pro, Porta-Pro, KSC-75s and so on. The driver in my headphones clips into an over shaped plate that the pad goes over. I wasted one set of pads trying to use them. I have 2 pair left.

However, I decided to hold off on getting anything from Koss right now and instead bought a pair of Rosewill Prelude RWH-001's largely because I like the look of the wooden earcups.

The RWH-001's are nice for what they are and that is a low priced set of headphones. They have a few issues but, I did know about them from reviews I had seen before deciding to make the purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back