Seeking IEM or headphone between $40-$85
Oct 26, 2013 at 7:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

CallistoNTG

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for something that won't be too troubling to carry with me. I mostly listen to music at my desktop and on an ancient freebie G1 iTouch that uses an LOD to output sound since the headphone jack is messed up. Isolation is preferred, but not really crucial. I listen to a lot of industrial, no-wave, hip-hop, and classical/traditional music. I do have music from many other genres (I've been trying to get into j/k-pop), though, so I think I would like something "balanced." Really, though, I will just assume any recommendations are made by someone who knows a lot more about what they're talking about than I do, so feel free to recommend me anything.

My budget is very tight, and I can't go very far beyond it. Heck, 85 bucks is already pushing it. I can be convinced, but it really has to warrant me going over budget.

I've owned V-Moda Vibes; Brainwavz M1, M2, M4, and HM3 phones. Wasn't a big fan of the M4s.

I've looked at Monster Gratitude, AKG 240, Creative Aurvana Live, and Superlux 681EVO. I obviously don't know what any of those actually sound like, but they seem like attractive propositions.

Thank for any help you can give me!

Oct 26, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #4 of 4
Yes, I have. It's why I've owned so many mp4nation products. It might be too concise, though. I would like some longer or more personal opinions. I should have mentioned that I am currently more interested in headphones than earphones. If an earphone at the given price range will have better sound quality, I would rather have that, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back