Seeking For Something I'd Buy
Jun 1, 2013 at 7:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MichaelLeong

New Head-Fier
I know there's a lot of people seeking help/advice for which type of headphones to buy. And I'm another one to add to that :D

1. I'm hoping for something comfortable and portable, so naturally earphones would be my choice. Headphones could be a choice too if it fits my criteria better and is better value of money.
  2. I don't know what's the benefits of IEM, so is it suitable for me? I don't know.
  3. A pouch to keep them or something to prevent the tangling of wires would be a plus too.
  4. Although I listen to mostly rock and punk, then some pop and a little of some other genres, I'd hope that it would be able to handle most genres.
  5. I'm looking for clarity in the sound.
  1. Also, I'd like to have earphones/headphones that could handle low lows and high highs. And no bass or treble that's too strong.
  2. I don't know much about soundstage, but just as long as its good.
  3. As for noise isolation, I either go for no isolation at all or complete isolation.
  4. I don't like others to listen to what I listen to and I don't want to disturb them either.
  5. I'll most likely use it on my phone and laptop, and sometimes on my desktop. And, no amp I think.
  6. I want it to have a decent build quality.
  7. I hope what I requested can fit into my $75 budget.
  8. Finally, I'm not gonna feel the headphone. I'm going to order it. So, give me something safe.
  9. I live in Malaysia, so I don't think I can get to buy some brands in the US.

Wow. This is long...

Jun 1, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #2 of 5
first I will leave this here http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-281-iems-compared-vsonic-gr07-be-and-r02-silver-added-05-15-13-p-688

Let's summarize your requirement
_ Good comfort, isolation is not a big concern ->my question here is: are you going to use them for commuting? because using high noise isolation IEMs while going outside is considered suicide. Be more specific about that. And If you live with other people/in noisy environment, IEMs do better jobs than noise canceling headphones without sacrificing too much sound quality. Also you can buy pouch separately, its not a exclusive accessory.
_ All-arounder, good clarity, good low and high extension, soundstage is a plus
_ Easy to drive, decent build quality

And headphones brands come from every where in the world, German, Japan, China, etc... not just the U.S. You should be more worried about being able to buy from overseas.

So, my suggestion is the Vsonic VC02, $40, you can spend spare money on shipping cost, custom, tax,.. 

Jun 4, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #3 of 5
My life usually revolves around places that is pretty noisy. I've never gotten any headphones that are too expensive, so I would easily appreciate the bump in sound quality and may not realise the sacrifice in sound quality. Are IEMs a good fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back