Seeking custom IEM recommendations
Aug 17, 2016 at 9:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mattusha

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

I'm a new member here and was hoping those of you with more experience/use with custom IEMs could help me with deciding what my first pair will be.

Just a bit on info about what I am looking for and a few products I have been considering:

-I will be using custom IEMs to listen to music casually, while at home, travlling and working out (running/cycling). The source will be an iPhone 6.
-As a non-professional hobby I produce and create my own music (using Ableton and Logic), so I'd like some custom IEMs that will be good for that (I currently use some Audio Technica ATH-m70x headphones).
-I listen to a diverse array of music, from classic rock to jazz to hip hop to samba, and many more.
-For my hobby I produce mostly hip hop and experimental music, often working with distortion and heavy bass, as well as less aggressive bells and keyboards (basically a wide range of instruments with many different sounds).
-I want them to look cool.
-My budget is $500-800 (not including cost of molds)
-I have been looking at the JH-7, Empire Ears Cerberus III, 64 Audio A3, and Noble Savannah C. Any thoughts on any of these models/companies for my needs? Any additional models I should be considering?

Note: I am under 25 years old. My understanding is that my ear canals may not be finished developing so perhaps custom IEMs are not a good long-term investment right now. Can anyone comment on this/give advice? I could always get universals but I'd prefer the isolation of customs.

I appreciate your help and advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back